Question Is my RTX GPU dying/dead?

Feb 16, 2019
I bought this pc from iBuyPower about 3 weeks ago

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070
CPU: i7-8700
MOBO: MSI b360M PRO-VDh
RAM: Unknown Brand 2x8GB 2666mhz DDR4
SSD: ADATA SU800

Worked fine for 2 and a half weeks, but suddenly started experiencing a crash I've never seen before. Horizontal lines of multicolored "XD"s (written vertically) appear on screen, and within a couple of seconds the computer completely freezes.

It'll sometimes be followed by the blue screen, with a "VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR". I have also seen an error message, just once for a couple seconds that said "Video card has been removed" followed by "must be destroyed and repaired". I never got the chance to read the full thing, but I made sure everything was plugged in properly.
It has happened while playing games and streaming video. iBuyPower just wants to send me a new GPU, but running a UserBenchmark shows that my CPU is running in the first percentile (horrendous), RAM doing nearly as bad, and SSD performing a little better. Everything performing below average except my GPU, performing average. Is this an issue with my GPU? I don't want to go through all the hassle of sending my old GPU, waiting for the new one, just for that not to be the issue.

Hamperking68

Admirable
Send it back.

This could potentially put all your other hardware at risk and even if it's not the card. Better than if it was and you have another than be $800 out of pocket when it potentially kills the rest of your system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS