[SOLVED] Is my RX 570 strix 4gb strong enough to support a better cpu than i5-7400?

Jan 2, 2019
So i got a i5-7400 and an rx 570 strix 4gb.
I would like to know if i buy a better cpu will there be any higher performance boost in gaming or I need to change the GPU too.
Thank you all in advance.

Which Monitor are you having ? List the native Desktop Resolution as well. Like mentioned above, it will depend on the type of game you are playing. Some games are CPU-bound, whereas others don't take full advantage of the CPU cores/threads, or the frequency.

It depends on the Game's ENGINE, as well as the drivers. But higher the screen resolution, e.g. 4K, most of the games become GPU-bound, if not all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Banned by Net
Jan 2, 2019
Iv
Which Monitor are you having ? List the native Desktop Resolution as well. Like mentioned above, it will depend on the type of game you are playing. Some games are CPU-bound, whereas others don't take full advantage of the CPU cores/threads, or the frequency.

It depends on the Game's ENGINE, as well as the drivers. But higher the screen resolution, e.g. 4K, most of the games become GPU-bound, if not all.
e got an AOC monitor and play on 1920x1080

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
The easiest way to determine this is to monitor the CPU and GPU usage. If your GPU hits 100% utilization in games, then a CPU upgrade probably won't do much. You can use Ctrl+Shift+O to open the Radeon performance overlay to get an idea of what's going on.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS