[SOLVED] is my ryzen 3900x temp too high?

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
I just update my bios and noticed the temp goes up, before this when playing game was hovering about 60- 65 c
but after updating now i noticed temp go into 70 C with short spurts of 80-89 c in between, one thing i do noticed is that before this core clock remain locked at 3800 ghz but now seems to fluctuate between 4000-4200 , was wondering if this is normal temp?

Solution
As the boost lowers itself after 'x' amount of seconds automatically, I'd just take the extra MHz and live with the now-70C average temps, and, presumably higher performance commensurate with the higher average clock speeds across all/most cores.

Otherwise, look for disabling BIOS options pertaining to boost/turbo/performance, etc., if you are okay with a few hundred less MHz for the lower temps.
I just update my bios and noticed the temp goes up, before this when playing game was hovering about 60- 65 c
but after updating now i noticed temp go into 70 C with short spurts of 80-89 c in between, one thing i do noticed is that before this core clock remain locked at 3800 ghz but now seems to fluctuate between 4000-4200 , was wondering if this is normal temp?
yes before updating your bios turbo was turned off when you uodated your bios the manny auto turned the feature on you cpu is just auto turboing you can shut it off in bios

As the boost lowers itself after 'x' amount of seconds automatically, I'd just take the extra MHz and live with the now-70C average temps, and, presumably higher performance commensurate with the higher average clock speeds across all/most cores.

Otherwise, look for disabling BIOS options pertaining to boost/turbo/performance, etc., if you are okay with a few hundred less MHz for the lower temps.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
Oh , well that would be fine then, im just wanna make sure it safe temp for my cpu to be operating at as 70c is fine by me , but im more concerns abput sporadic bump to 80-89c is that also normal? (Also tried firestrike cpu test it pegged my cpu at 92c , isnt that fairly close to 95 c max safe temp for this one?) if all those temp is fine then i will leave it as is im just a bit concerns as i dont really have the budget to replace this one atm should anything happens to it.

Oh , well that would be fine then, im just wanna make sure it safe temp for my cpu to be operating at as 70c is fine by me , but im more concerns abput sporadic bump to 80-89c is that also normal? (Also tried firestrike cpu test it pegged my cpu at 92c , isnt that fairly close to 95 c max safe temp for this one?) if all those temp is fine then i will leave it as is im just a bit concerns as i dont really have the budget to replace this one atm should anything happens to it.
it's fine eyzen chips will hit max temps here and there to judge there best turbo level without sitting at that temp