Question Is my Ryzen 7 7700x Running too hot?

wolfcry316

Honorable
Mar 15, 2018
I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 7 7700x and have been monitoring the temps for a bit. I noticed when I am loading into a game like Hogwarts Legacy and the shaders start loading before the main menu the temps spike to 95.5 at the highest. It's usually only for a little but then it goes back down and averages 60c while gaming. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my cpu cooler. I ran a multi-core cinebench test and with everything at full load for 10 minutes the highest I could get the temps was like 90c for a second, for the majority of the 10 minutes it sat at around 88. I use Core Temp to monitor my cpu temps by the way. Please let me know.

PC Specs:
MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B650-PLUS WIFI DDR5
GPU: MSI RTX 4070 Super
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x 8 Core- 16 Thread AM5 (No OC)
CPU Cooler: EK Nucleus AIO CR240
RAM: G.SKill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series DDR5 Ram 32GB (2x16gb) 6000 MT/s

Lutfij

Titan
I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 7 7700x
By upgrade, you mean just the processor or the entire platform? If the latter, did you reinstall the OS or migrate the older platform's OS drive? BIOS version for your motherboard?

Make and model of the case and how the AIO is mounted in said case? Use HWinfo and see what your temps show.

wolfcry316

Honorable
Mar 15, 2018
I upgraded everything, only thing is it was done by someone else so I don’t know what they did but they told me they repaired windows for some reason. I also can’t figure out how to get into the BIOS since I upgraded the mobo, ram, and cpu.

wolfcry316

Honorable
Mar 15, 2018
I also forgot to mention that using HWinfo gave me the 95.5 temp that i recorded for a second. Also the case is a Fractal Design North Mid Tower and the AIO is mounted at the top of the case.

I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 7 7700x and have been monitoring the temps for a bit. I noticed when I am loading into a game like Hogwarts Legacy and the shaders start loading before the main menu the temps spike to 95.5 at the highest. It's usually only for a little but then it goes back down and averages 60c while gaming. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my cpu cooler. I ran a multi-core cinebench test and with everything at full load for 10 minutes the highest I could get the temps was like 90c for a second, for the majority of the 10 minutes it sat at around 88. I use Core Temp to monitor my cpu temps by the way. Please let me know.

PC Specs:
MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B650-PLUS WIFI DDR5
GPU: MSI RTX 4070 Super
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x 8 Core- 16 Thread AM5 (No OC)
CPU Cooler: EK Nucleus AIO CR240
RAM: G.SKill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series DDR5 Ram 32GB (2x16gb) 6000 MT/s

What position is the aio which way are the tubes tubes to top or bottom
Aio top or front

I just need to know if my cpu being at that temp for like 2 seconds is fine because it normally isn’t. I really don’t want to have to remount this thing again.

It shouldn't hurt it as the temps will always climb to 95c as I believe AMD mentioned its designed to clock till it hits 95c then it will clock back.

If you haven't already run Ryzen master and run curve optimiser on all cores should help adjust it.

TRENDING THREADS