Is My Sisters AMD System good enough for XP?

Hello,

My sister has a Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD
~1470 Mhz system with 256 meg of RAM. Would Windows XP run ok on her
system. If she bumped it up to 512 meg of RAM would that do the trick?

Thanks in advance!

<Temujin@karakorum.org> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My sister has a Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2
AuthenticAMD
> ~1470 Mhz system with 256 meg of RAM. Would Windows XP run ok on her
> system. If she bumped it up to 512 meg of RAM would that do the
trick?

> Thanks in advance!

It should be. You might want to run the Upgrade Advisor to see what M$
thinks.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/checkcompat.mspx

Brian

Alias

<Temujin@karakorum.org> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My sister has a Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD
> ~1470 Mhz system with 256 meg of RAM. Would Windows XP run ok on her
> system. If she bumped it up to 512 meg of RAM would that do the trick?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Yes.

Alias

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:00:58 +0200, "Alias"
<aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:

><Temujin@karakorum.org> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> My sister has a Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD
>> ~1470 Mhz system with 256 meg of RAM. Would Windows XP run ok on her
>> system. If she bumped it up to 512 meg of RAM would that do the trick?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>
>Yes.
>
>Alias

Thanks for the help. People in other groups are saying pretty much the
same thing..

The CPU is fine, the RAM is OK, but more is always better.
Another issues is hard drive size, you need enough to
install XP and run application and save data plus 15-25%
excess to allow hard drive functions and defragmentation.

Probably a minimum hard drive is 10 GB, much more if into
video editing, etc.

some support