[SOLVED] is my ssd dead?

DudeIT

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
got a blue screen loading a game...

now it says "reboot and select proper boot device. or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

i google'd it and went into my bios to reset to default settings. and that didnt help at all.

and now i try to pick a device to start with and these are the list I have. I dont see any ssd/windows options
1) usb key
2) usb hard disc
3) cd/dvd
4) network
5) hard disk
6) usb floppy
7) usb cd/dvd
8) bev
9) uefi: buit-in

and thats all.. my mobo is b75ma-p45

any help plz how to diagnose if my ssd is dead/etc

Solution
Unless your SSD is electrically dead, it should show up in BIOS as a hard disk. The BIOS should also give you a choice of which HDD to boot from.

Go into the full BIOS menu with DEL, not just to the boot option hotkey (F11). Enter the Boot options, then the Boot Priority menu. Do you see the SSD there?

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Unless your SSD is electrically dead, it should show up in BIOS as a hard disk. The BIOS should also give you a choice of which HDD to boot from.

Go into the full BIOS menu with DEL, not just to the boot option hotkey (F11). Enter the Boot options, then the Boot Priority menu. Do you see the SSD there?

Solution

DudeIT

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
yea i used delete... and the bios hasnt looked like that ever to me. i checked all the additional options. usually i can see the main boot distinguished easily

i ordered a new ssd.. i tried multiple times to reseat it but its still not showing up.