[SOLVED] Is my SSD dying?

May 12, 2018
I'm having a PC issue that I've never experienced before. After replacing some components in my PC, and reinstalling Windows 10, I've been having an issue with my boot drive, which is an SSD. The problem is this - When I turn the computer on, about 75% of the time I am redirected to the BIOS menu instead of booting into Windows, and in the boot menu of the BIOS my SSD is not displayed. I usually have to restart my PC a number of times for the SSD to be detected.

Lately I've been experiencing another issue which has been leading me to the conclusion that my SSD is dying. After shutting down my PC for the night and coming back the next day, I get the same issue, but after rebooting I am greeted with a repair disk menu, and not the Windows 10 login screen. Usually after that everything works correctly. The SSD in question is a Crucial 512GB SSD.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Yes, kinda sounds like it.

Switch cables/ports on the motherboard first just to confirm that it still acts up. Wouldn't hurt to try another PSU connector while you're at it.
May 12, 2018

I'll give that a shot, thanks. Kinda hoping it's dying, as I've been wanting to get an M.2 for a while now.

TRENDING THREADS