Question Is my SSD dying?

May 14, 2020
My PC specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: AMD rx580 Nitro + 8GB
Mobo: B450M tomahawk
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
Storage: Kingston 120 GB a400(with windows on it)
2TB Toshiba hdwd120 HDD
Cooling: stock processor cooler and 3 ms RGB fans
PSU: Armor 750W 80+ GOLD
So the SSD is a Kingston 120 GB a400. It's about 1 year old and I didn't have any problems with it until recently. About a week ago my computer froze, every open program stopped responding and the taskbar and desktop also stopped responding. I couldn't do anything so I force restarted my pc this happened 2 times the following days but the third time I wasn't even running a video game I was on my desktop. After I force restarted my pc everything seemed fine. Then today when I went to lunch my PC I ran into a BSOD on startup after 2 failed attempts the auto repair started and I got into windows and everything seemed fine. Now after the computer is running for about 5 hours my windows button window (the window that opens when you click the button in the bottom left)isn't working but the rest of the taskbar and everything else is. The BIOS and windows can see the SSD and Hard Disk Sentinel says it's fine. Also, crystal disk mark says I have the rated speed for my SSD.

May 14, 2020
Have you run the "Kingston SSD Manager" software? Have you updated your A400 SSD to the latest firmware update?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XEsZ6FnHts
I do have the problem in the video but when I go on to the Kingston website it says on the download link: error 404 files not found so I can't download it. But the problem the one isn't the one I'm having trouble with. I have issues with the launch of my pc and my freezes aren't only happening when I run intensive programs and once they happen they never unfreeze and I have to restart my PC. Also, the windows BSOD error I got was 0x c000021a which is an error for corrupt windows files if I remember right.

I do have the problem in the video but when I go on to the Kingston website it says on the download link: error 404 files not found so I can't download it. But the problem the one isn't the one I'm having trouble with. I have issues with the launch of my pc and my freezes aren't only happening when I run intensive programs and once they happen they never unfreeze and I have to restart my PC. Also, the windows BSOD error I got was 0x c000021a which is an error for corrupt windows files if I remember right.
Does this link work for you? It does works for me.

https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

TRENDING THREADS