Jan 29, 2022
So recently, my PC needs 2-3 minutes to boot up, so I checked my SSD health status by using CrystalDiskInfo.
What I found there was pretty interesting, as you can see down below.
My PC is becomes REALLY slow when I play some powerful game (like GTA V, Apex Legends, R6 Siege, etc) and even when just searching through the internet, my PC is REALLY slow.

View: https://imgur.com/a/5WjqIep

As you can see there is a big difference between my SSD and HDD!

You haven't shown us all the SMART attributes for the SSD, but I don't see any problem with those stats. The SSD health status of 85% is just reflecting the fact that the SSD has been totally erased 0xE8 (= 232 decimal) times on average. The total host writes is about 24TB, which is about right (232 x 128 GiB = 32TB).

The SSD has recorded a few PHY Error Counts (0x1DB = 475). I expect that these would reflect communication problems at the SATA interface, but I doubt that they would account for your slowdowns.

Jan 29, 2022
Dying? I wouldn't say so. More like normal operation for that dirt cheap SSD.

Thing is, if you pay peanuts - you will get monkeys. And that you also got. That Teamgroup GX2 SSD 128GB, goes for less than 18 bucks. It's also one of the cheapest SSDs i could find. Easy top 5 in terms of cheapness.

Yeah man, I know it's just but this problem pop out like 1-2 months ago and I own this SSD for about 2 years now.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
It poped out of nowhere

Nothing doesn't appear out of nowhere.

What Memtest86 says?

How Unigine Superposition benchmark goes?

And while we're at it: full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is and was it bought brand new or used/refurbished?

Since, at the current moment, what it seems to be, is either RAM or VRAM issue.

Oh, UBM, described above, also helps troubleshooting hardware issues.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jan 29, 2022
How about those i suggested for?

Also, while UBM shows most of your hardware, what it doesn't show, is your PSU. So, what unit you have and was it new or used/refurbished?

So everything is new except the Motherboard (XPS 8700 DELL) and the CPU (i7-4790).
The PSU is from the old PC case (TrendSonic F56A).

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The PSU is from the old PC case (TrendSonic F56A).

Well, telling the old PC case make/model doesn't tell what PSU you have.
It's like when i tell you that my AMD build initially came in Codegen ATX-308-CA-USB/Audio (silver/black) PC case, and PSU was included. <- Can you tell me what PSU i had? I don't think so.

Open up your PC and read the PSU label, or better yet, make a pic of PSU label and upload it to the net (e.g Imgur) and share the image link with us.

Jan 29, 2022
Well, telling the old PC case make/model doesn't tell what PSU you have.
It's like when i tell you that my AMD build initially came in Codegen ATX-308-CA-USB/Audio (silver/black) PC case, and PSU was included. <- Can you tell me what PSU i had? I don't think so.

Open up your PC and read the PSU label, or better yet, make a pic of PSU label and upload it to the net (e.g Imgur) and share the image link with us.

Okay, so I found it online - RaidMax RX-500XT 500w
https://easypc.com.ph/products/raidmax-rx-500xt-power-supply here is the best image I could find

My PC is becomes REALLY slow when I play some powerful game
So when you say it becomes slow, do you mean low FPS? Or stuttering? Can you describe it a bit more.

Nothing jumps out there.

Well given there's a slow down in gaming, the fact his GPU is performing 'below expectations' is kinda pointing to something. With that said, UB as a diagnostic tool, is not up to scratch in anyway. It's simply a comparison, and a dodgy Intel inclined one at that.

To the OP. Yous SSD seems to be running okay, at least according to UB. Download CrystalDiskMark, and run some actual tests on it. If it's running at or close to it's rated speed, then you know it's not the SSD. However, some SSD's really lose a lot of performance once they get close to full. You have 35gbs free, so I wouldn't exactly say it's full.

Have you got all the latest system/gpu drivers updated.

Do what @Aeacus has suggested:

What Memtest86 says?

How Unigine Superposition benchmark goes?

Try these and see what results your GPU is getting. This could be the issue if your gaming is 'slow'.

Jan 29, 2022
So when you say it becomes slow, do you mean low FPS? Or stuttering? Can you describe it a bit more.

Well given there's a slow down in gaming, the fact his GPU is performing 'below expectations' is kinda pointing to something. With that said, UB as a diagnostic tool, is not up to scratch in anyway. It's simply a comparison, and a dodgy Intel inclined one at that.

To the OP. Yous SSD seems to be running okay, at least according to UB. Download CrystalDiskMark, and run some actual tests on it. If it's running at or close to it's rated speed, then you know it's not the SSD. However, some SSD's really lose a lot of performance once they get close to full. You have 35gbs free, so I wouldn't exactly say it's full.

Have you got all the latest system/gpu drivers updated.

Do what @Aeacus has suggested:

Try these and see what results your GPU is getting. This could be the issue if your gaming is 'slow'.

So I figured out that the GPU was causing the stuttering by changing it with a 1050 Ti.
The stuttering is fixed, but the slow boot is still there, so later I will test my SSD by using CrystalDiskMark.

So here it is my Crystal Disk Mark test :
View: https://imgur.com/a/ibaDULD

Read (MB/s) - 562 / Write (MB/s) - 190

On the official page of the SSD it says :
Read Speeds : Up to 500MB/s and Write Speeds: Up to 320MB/s
Looks in order. The lower writes than advertised is possibly because drive is on the filled side. You could check that by temporarily removing some large files, and get to say 50gb fee space, and test the speeds again. If there's an improvement, then you know it's the drive.

As others have pointed out, it's not a great SSD, the low write speeds are indicative of that. There are many cheap (but quality made) 512 sata 3 drives like a Samsung 870 evo for about 60£$€. Write speeds are about same as read about 530 or so.

edit: Those 'up to' speeds are annoying. It pretty much doesn't guarantee max throughput for a whole variety of reasons, that 'could' slow it down.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
RaidMax RX-500XT 500w

That's terrible quality PSU and i'd replace it ASAP, before it goes sky high and fries everything it is connected to. And you bringing it over from previous build doesn't help either, instead it makes it far worse.

Now, your firehazard of a PSU, can be foundation to all your issues, since when PSU sends out of spec voltages to PC components, all kinds of faults and errors start to happen, if the hardware doesn't outright die.

Here, going with good quality PSU is strongly advised, e.g Seasonic Focus or PRIME series. Or Corsair RM/ RMi/ RMx series, in 550W range.

Since PSU powers everything, it is the most important component inside the PC.

TRENDING THREADS