[SOLVED] Is my SSD faulty hardware or its software kinda issue?

selimtimarli

Commendable
May 11, 2018
It has good and stable read rates but terrible writing.. I am posting benchmark results too but I wanna make sure if its faulty hardware or some software issue..
8sb1Hs8.jpeg

Solution
Yikes. Yeah, with only two dies you're going to have some very bad performance in some cases. Especially true if the drive is fuller. Not sure if that's what is happening here, but once you hit QLC outside SLC these numbers are actually believable unfortunately. Reads aren't dramatically affected.
DRAM-less, QLC, AHCI SSD. Super slow outside of the SLC cache. What's the capacity? You only have one QLC die per 128GB and the QLC speed outside SLC will be less than half the native die speed, which is at most 30 MB/s (96L Intel QLC), so for example 60 MB/s with the 480GB or even 960GB SKU is not unexpected.

selimtimarli

Commendable
May 11, 2018
DRAM-less, QLC, AHCI SSD. Super slow outside of the SLC cache. What's the capacity? You only have one QLC die per 128GB and the QLC speed outside SLC will be less than half the native die speed, which is at most 30 MB/s (96L Intel QLC), so for example 60 MB/s with the 480GB or even 960GB SKU is not unexpected.
Its 256 GB

Yikes. Yeah, with only two dies you're going to have some very bad performance in some cases. Especially true if the drive is fuller. Not sure if that's what is happening here, but once you hit QLC outside SLC these numbers are actually believable unfortunately. Reads aren't dramatically affected.

Solution