[SOLVED] Is my SSD fit with my laptop and do i need Caddy

Jul 6, 2019
Hey.

I have this laptop: https://www.1a.ee/arvutitehnika_bur...lenovo_legion_y52015ikbn_80wk01aypb?mobile=no but my HDD is very slow and I give it away because I wanted to buy SSD anyway.

I have 2 questions.

1) https://www.1a.ee/arvutikomponendid...ern_digital_blue_250gb_25_sataiii_wds250g2b0a
Can I put this SSD my laptop HDD place I mean its 2,5? Im not so good with computers so I will ask it here I dont want spend any money if this not works later :D

2) The second problem is I have no caddy what I had with HDD. I didnt know I need it so i give the HDD with it away. Do i need to buy new caddy for my SSD now or I dont need it?

Solution
hmm okay than i know i can buy it but im not sure how i use zips in laptop. I mean its possible if I had big case PC but with laptop its not option I guess.
I would just find a good spot to put it where it won't be subjected to heat. I would think "where the old drive was" would be a good spot.

The only reason I mention ties and velcro is in case you don't want it flopping around in there. It won't take much to keep it from moving......1 cable tie....or a little velcro.
Jul 6, 2019
If the HDD you took out was SATA (which I think it probably was).....you should be able to put that SSD in it's place.

As far as the caddy....I don't think you NEED the caddy. It's just "convenient".

I have used velcro and/or cable ties (zip ties) to hold hard drives in place.

hmm okay than i know i can buy it but im not sure how i use zips in laptop. I mean its possible if I had big case PC but with laptop its not option I guess.

I would just find a good spot to put it where it won't be subjected to heat. I would think "where the old drive was" would be a good spot.

The only reason I mention ties and velcro is in case you don't want it flopping around in there. It won't take much to keep it from moving......1 cable tie....or a little velcro.

Solution