Question Is my SSD going bad?

Lutfij

Titan
If that is your boot drive, it seems like it's gone. You might want to disconnect all other drives, have the culprit SSD plugged in and then use a bootable installer to try and install your OS on it(again) and see if that brings back the SSD.

What is the make and model of the missing SSD? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your platform?

Reactions: bfcallan

leetlazzy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
If that is your boot drive, it seems like it's gone. You might want to disconnect all other drives, have the culprit SSD plugged in and then use a bootable installer to try and install your OS on it(again) and see if that brings back the SSD.

What is the make and model of the missing SSD? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your platform?

It's a SanDisk 120gb SSD.

Yes I updated the Bios.

I'm downloading Windows 10 on a USB now. I'm going to try and repair it.

Just wish I knew if the SSD was going bad or not so I can just move to my 240g SSD and save a head ache

USAFRet

Titan
Just wish I knew if the SSD was going bad or not so I can just move to my 240g SSD and save a head ache
All you can do is test and see what happens.
I had one of my SSDs die a few months ago, also a SanDisk. Died suddenly, no warning.
Even though it was a little bit past the 3 year warranty, SanDisk gave me a new one anyway.

But moving to the 240 might not be a bad idea anyway.

USAFRet

Titan
I'd have had held out very little hope of that occurring, you dodged a little bullet there....! :)
I wasn't expecting it either.

3 years, 33 days, on a 3 year warranty.
I knew it was over, they knew it was over. They even commented on that in the reply email.
They gave me a new one anyway.

Better and slightly larger drive. Original was a 960GB, replacement is a 1TB.