Question Is my SSD performing okay?

Crossvxm

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
I decided to use Userbench just to get an idea of how my PC is doing with the selected parts, then came across the following regarding my SSD:

View: https://imgur.com/3LBu1rc

After the same results on multiple runs I decided to see what CrystalDiskMark thought of this and these were the results:

View: https://imgur.com/KJqOlpW

View: https://imgur.com/9zmHM3V

I used this as a reference and it seems that mine is performing better (then again I read somewhere that the larger variants of this model are slightly faster):

Curiously enough, the UserBench results improve slightly when the program is run from the SSD itself. Should I be concerned? Ithink it may be obvious to some to just trust CrystalDiskMark's results but just wanted to double check. I would also like to know if the results for my HDD are normal as well:

View: https://imgur.com/fWAvYxp

Incase any may be wondering, the reason I am slightly concerned is because I have had some very minor issues with things rendering a bit late in some games. In GTA V, cars sometimes appear in render a bit late. In Dying Light, the same occurs with zombies, where they will load in very late but in this game it is more noticeable. My specs are a 7700K, GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z 3000MHz, the Kingston A400 240GB SSD of course and the WD Blue 1TB (both drives are new). Both games are installed on the HDD. Windows 10 is installed on the SSD. This does not occur on my other PC which consists of a 4790K, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, a 1TB WD Blue and 2133Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws X.

Lutfij

Titan
Userbench, pointless. CrystalDisk, the numbers are what you should expect from that SSD. The delay in rendering can be attributed to your HDD. More so on your OS if you migrated the OS off an older installation and not performing a clean install when you dropped in the SSD.

Reactions: Crossvxm
I decided to use Userbench just to get an idea of how my PC is doing with the selected parts, then came across the following regarding my SSD:

View: https://imgur.com/3LBu1rc

After the same results on multiple runs I decided to see what CrystalDiskMark thought of this and these were the results:

View: https://imgur.com/KJqOlpW

View: https://imgur.com/9zmHM3V

I used this as a reference and it seems that mine is performing better (then again I read somewhere that the larger variants of this model are slightly faster):

Curiously enough, the UserBench results improve slightly when the program is run from the SSD itself. Should I be concerned? Ithink it may be obvious to some to just trust CrystalDiskMark's results but just wanted to double check. I would also like to know if the results for my HDD are normal as well:

View: https://imgur.com/fWAvYxp

Incase any may be wondering, the reason I am slightly concerned is because I have had some very minor issues with things rendering a bit late in some games. In GTA V, cars sometimes appear in render a bit late. In Dying Light, the same occurs with zombies, where they will load in very late but in this game it is more noticeable. My specs are a 7700K, GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z 3000MHz, the Kingston A400 240GB SSD of course and the WD Blue 1TB (both drives are new). Both games are installed on the HDD. Windows 10 is installed on the SSD. This does not occur on my other PC which consists of a 4790K, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, a 1TB WD Blue and 2133Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws X.
It's better results on the ssd because it's actually using the ssds full capabilitys not being dragged down by the slower hdd through information transfers as for the game rendering problems... Sounds like your bottle necking somewhere whats that ram set to? And is the pc oc'd

Crossvxm

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Userbench, pointless. CrystalDisk, the numbers are what you should expect from that SSD. The delay in rendering can be attributed to your HDD. More so on your OS if you migrated the OS off an older installation and not performing a clean install when you dropped in the SSD.

Thank you. I haven't seen any other speed related issues, so I figured UserBench was not being accurate at all. As for the drives, the SSD was installed first with a clean USB Windows 10 install, and the HDD was installed a week later.

Crossvxm

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
It's better results on the ssd because it's actually using the ssds full capabilitys not being dragged down by the slower hdd through information transfers as for the game rendering problems... Sounds like your bottle necking somewhere whats that ram set to? And is the pc oc'd

The RAM is using it's XMP profile running at 3000MHz. No overclock on the CPU, no overheat on neither the CPU nor GPU.

The RAM is using it's XMP profile running at 3000MHz. No overclock on the CPU, no overheat on neither the CPU nor GPU.
This may sound dumb, but try dumbing down the ram by one i think the next step down from that would be 2866, or 2666. Heres why i say that, some tasks not even all games but a lot of render heavy tasks such as gaming, video editing and things of that nature like to push componets to the max so you say .... Is the max it's say well lets try .... And it pushes just a little to much and it bottlenecks everything else trying to think it's all that when in all actuality it is what it says on the package whether your pc thinks it's that beast or not

Crossvxm

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
This may sound dumb, but try dumbing down the ram by one i think the next step down from that would be 2866, or 2666. Heres why i say that, some tasks not even all games but a lot of render heavy tasks such as gaming, video editing and things of that nature like to push componets to the max so you say .... Is the max it's say well lets try .... And it pushes just a little to much and it bottlenecks everything else trying to think it's all that when in all actuality it is what it says on the package whether your pc thinks it's that beast or not

Sorry for the late reply. I tried this and unfortunately it did not change the result. I've been having very tiny microstutters occur on almost every game. I believe that this may be due to the HDD, and I also assume that perhaps this is what caused the above results to appear as they did for some odd reason. I've had issues like this with other builds only when using Seagate HDDs (occasionally with Toshiba drives as well). Games would stutter or frames would drop in weird ways and it was all caused by the hard drive. It is why I stay away from Seagate, thought if it does happen to be the case, it would be the first time I encounter this on a Western Digital drive. The WD Blue in my other PC is inaudible with any task it is given. This one sounds like any average HDD. I would return it, but if the tests on the HDD come up normal, I feel as if I'd be wasting time.

Sorry for the late reply. I tried this and unfortunately it did not change the result. I've been having very tiny microstutters occur on almost every game. I believe that this may be due to the HDD, and I also assume that perhaps this is what caused the above results to appear as they did for some odd reason. I've had issues like this with other builds only when using Seagate HDDs (occasionally with Toshiba drives as well). Games would stutter or frames would drop in weird ways and it was all caused by the hard drive. It is why I stay away from Seagate, thought if it does happen to be the case, it would be the first time I encounter this on a Western Digital drive. The WD Blue in my other PC is inaudible with any task it is given. This one sounds like any average HDD. I would return it, but if the tests on the HDD come up normal, I feel as if I'd be wasting time.
If you have enough room on your ssd to spare uninstall one of your smaller gamesfrom the hdd and install it to the ssd test it see if you get bottlenecking... Or if your know how to clone a specific program clone it to the ssd test and remove the clone if preformance increases on ssd you have your answer

Reactions: Crossvxm