[SOLVED] Is my system compatible with a RX 560?

Jun 7, 2019
Hi. My pc currently is really slow and can only run e-sports games like cs:go and I am looking to upgrade my GPU ( I have been looking at an RX 570 recently).
I have:
A Gigabyte P75-D3 motherboard
An intel core i5-2300 2.80 GHz processor
one 8GB RAM memory stick
My pc is also on legacy BIOS ( if that is relevant )

Last edited:
Solution
RX 570 SHOULD be compatible but nobody can say for CERTAIN because it is hit or miss based on what kind of BIOS support that board had. Some older legacy boards DIDN'T EVEN SUPPORT some of the early PCIe 3.0 legacy cards, much less newer UEFI based cards.

Likely, since it is an aftermarket board and not an OEM model, it will work. I've seen some people running these on even older Core2quad systems, so it certainly CAN.

Anybody who says "Well, all boards that support PCIe 2.0 and 3.0 cards will work" doesn't know what they are talking about or has limited exposure to the fact that many of these newer UEFI based cards DON'T work, regardless of the reason, on some of the older boards. It can. That doesn't mean IT WILL. But I think in...
RX 570 SHOULD be compatible but nobody can say for CERTAIN because it is hit or miss based on what kind of BIOS support that board had. Some older legacy boards DIDN'T EVEN SUPPORT some of the early PCIe 3.0 legacy cards, much less newer UEFI based cards.

Likely, since it is an aftermarket board and not an OEM model, it will work. I've seen some people running these on even older Core2quad systems, so it certainly CAN.

Anybody who says "Well, all boards that support PCIe 2.0 and 3.0 cards will work" doesn't know what they are talking about or has limited exposure to the fact that many of these newer UEFI based cards DON'T work, regardless of the reason, on some of the older boards. It can. That doesn't mean IT WILL. But I think in your case you will be ok.

You will however probably be rather CPU limited with that configuration.

Reactions: Satan-IR
Solution
Jun 7, 2019
Is there a way for me to check for sure? and since i think rx 570 will be limited with my cpu i thought i might get rx 560. will that be a good combo with low bottle neck ( core i5-2300 2.8GHz with rx 560 ) ?

If you can afford the RX 570, just get that. Better to have more GPU than you need, than to have less. That way if you upgrade the CPU and motherboard at some point, or just get a higher end i5 or i7 for your current platform, you won't right away be dealing with an under performing graphics card.

The only way you can "be sure" is to find proof though other forum results on Google that somebody else has successfully used THAT graphics card on THAT motherboard. I know of no other way to get absolute proof. Bottom line, if it won't work, I guess you can always send it back. I believe it will work though, but I don't want to tell you to do something and then find out it doesn't later.

According to THIS though, it would seem to be compatible. I don't put TOO MUCH stock in that site however, but it's promising anyhow.

http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/ATI/R-500_Series/Radeon_RX_570_4GB/3875/Compatible_Motherboards