Is my system configuration enough ?

Sprunk95

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hello,

I am new to Tom's Hardware, please forgive me if i posted this in a wrong place, but am here to ask you guys if my computer is enough to run games such as Max Payne 3 and all the upcoming new games of 2012-2013, actually new am running Grand Theft Auto IV and Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands and alot of other games without having any lags or performance troubles, i want to know if my PC will be enough for running the upcoming games or not.

- My Specs :
Motherboard : ASRock G31M-S R2.0
CPU : Intel (R) Pentium (R) E2200 @2.20Ghz
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - 2GB DDR3
RAM : 4GB DDR2
Screen Resolution : 1600x900 16:9

Please tell me if i need to upgrade something in there, i do know that my CPU is not good but my video card is helping me alot and giving me very good quality and performance in current games, as i said i am playing all of the current games on maxed out graphic settings and i'm not having any problems, only in some explosions or when there is too much stuff happening.

Maybe if i upgrade my RAM i'll get better performances ? does my Motherboard accept 8GB of DDR2 RAM ? it has only 2 slots, can i put 1 bar of 4Gb DDR2 RAM on the first slot and another one on the second slot ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sprunk95

the cpu is a little slow. if you can get it to 2.4 (a lot of people have managed 3.3 quite easily with good cooling) then your set for entry level. your gfx is fine for any game running at lest at minimum and some older 1s at high.
memory is fine.
overall you are nearly at entry level... get a decent cooler and bump the cpu and your golden...
if you want to play gta 4 or bf3 then you best get a 2.4 or better quad core (3.0 would be optimal).
as both games prefer a quad, gta because its badly ported. bf3 because it uses 4 threads when multiplayer is being used.

You will likely be able to play all games till the end of next year but only on low-medium settings. The whole system is getting dated now and I think the next upgrade should be a total new system as upgrading any part will put it out of balance with the rest. 4Gb RAM is fine as you say the CPU is the weakest part of the PC followed by the GPU.