Sep 3, 2020
I am thinking about getting the rtx 3070 however i am not sure if my system will hold the card back.
My pc:
Intel core i7 7700k overclocked to 5ghz
2x8 16 gb 2400 ddr4 ram
Asus prime z270-p motherboard
Evga supernova g3 650 watt psu

I already know my cpu is probably going to bottleneck the rtx 3070 at 1080p and im okay with that since it will keep the temps of the card down as well as still give me more than enough fps. My question is will my system bottleneck the card more than i am anticipating, and is it still worth getting? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Solution
I am thinking about getting the rtx 3070 however i am not sure if my system will hold the card back.
My pc:
2x8 16 gb 2400 ddr4 ram

I already know my cpu is probably going to bottleneck the rtx 3070 at 1080p and im okay with that since it will keep the temps of the card down as well as still give me more than enough fps. My question is will my system bottleneck the card more than i am anticipating, and is it still worth getting? Thanks in advance for any responses.
I actually don't think there would be much of a bottleneck, your system is just fine. Just upgrade your cpu in the next year or two
My pc:
2x8 16 gb 2400 ddr4 ram

I actually don't think there would be much of a bottleneck, your system is just fine. Just upgrade your cpu in the next year or two

Solution