Question is my system good enough for VR?

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys

hope everyone is ok :)

i am comtemplating getting a vr googles for my pc, question is, is my system good enough?

this is my system set up:

Mainboard: MSI MPG Z590 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX
Processor: Intel i5 11600
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz 16GB (2x8GB) RGB Gaming Memory Black
Power: Seasonic Focus GX-650 650W 80+ Gold Modular
Case: Phanteks ethoo pro m tempered glass
Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB
ssd: 256gb
hard disk: 2tb

i know i am using the i-gpu, i am hoping that would be good enough.

many thanks guys

Solution
On the NVidia side, if you can wait for it, the minimum I'd go for would be the RTX 4060 which should be released sometime in the next month or so. I think the sweet spot would be an RTX 4070Ti, but at around $850 (USD), that would be well outside my price range.

-Wolf sends
D

Deleted member 2838871

I have the Quest 2 and Reverb G2 and I'll say that a dedicated graphics card is a must.

You might get VR to load off the iGPU but it's not going to be much better than a slideshow presentation IMO.

Reactions: froggy8

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
thak you guys

so i will need a gpu then?

could anyone recommend me one please?

been looking at the AMD radeon rx 6700xt, will this be overkill?

i havent looked at what games i will be getting but thought i would ask about the gpu first.

D

Deleted member 2838871

been looking at the AMD radeon rx 6700xt, will this be overkill?

When it comes to VR nothing is overkill. Don't know much about AMD cards but I see that one has 12GB VRAM... so it will definitely give you good performance... but maybe not "Ultra" type settings.

D

Deleted member 2838871

dont have one but if it is too expensive, i could just save up for it.

An alternative to the reply posted above this one would be looking online on eBay for a used 3090. I'm seeing them now in the $700 range... and that's 24GB VRAM which would future proof you for VR even if it is last gen... it's still the flagship card.

I just sold mine last week for that price.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
On the NVidia side, if you can wait for it, the minimum I'd go for would be the RTX 4060 which should be released sometime in the next month or so. I think the sweet spot would be an RTX 4070Ti, but at around $850 (USD), that would be well outside my price range.

-Wolf sends
forgot to mention i have a 4k tv, i am guessing the 4070 ti will still do a good job?