May 15, 2020
so yesterday i started installing gta v from epic games the whole day, im from a 3rd world country and our internet sucks so bad and i was glad that at the end of the day i was able to download about 30GBs before shutting my system down... when i woke up today to resume the download it restarted from scratch like no new files from my harddisk like the download never happened... my friend told me that i might need a new PSU or that my CPU need new thermal paste coating ... so i'm asking the pros, is my friend right? because at this point i don't have the budget to make a full upgrade while this pandemic is raging on... THANK YOU for the comments

Solution
so yesterday i started installing gta v from epic games the whole day, im from a 3rd world country and our internet sucks so bad and i was glad that at the end of the day i was able to download about 30GBs before shutting my system down... when i woke up today to resume the download it restarted from scratch like no new files from my harddisk like the download never happened... my friend told me that i might need a new PSU or that my CPU need new thermal paste coating ... so i'm asking the pros, is my friend right? because at this point i don't have the budget to make a full upgrade while this pandemic is raging on... THANK YOU for the comments
Doubt it's a CPU or PSU. Likely a faulty hard drive. Or maybe its just file...
A power issue or cpu overheating does not make files magically disappear. I would stay away from him for any pc advice. This is just an issue with the epic games launcher. I've also seen the issue with rockstar launcher as well. Just keep the pc on til it finishes.

jwcrellin

Reputable
Agreed, bad power supply will not make files disappear. Failing hard drive maybe, but you'd see a lot of other errors as well as general data corruption and bugginess. Just wait till you have a good long time to let the launcher do it's thing.

May 20, 2020
Doubt it's a CPU or PSU. Likely a faulty hard drive. Or maybe its just file corruption, check to make sure you always shut down your PC correctly. Never shut it down with the power button, only do that if it doesnt work through the menu, as it can cause corruption, and dont use the reset button either unless you need to force restart. If you do think it is a faulty hard drive, get a new one or try the upgrade to an SSD. Try install through Epic Games or Rockstar again if you haven't and first check to see if it really is installed. Downloaded doesn't mean installed.

Solution