Question Is my system is bottlenecking?

Feb 25, 2019
Hello guys, i added a new 1050ti in my PC recenlty, and i thought that i was going to play smoothly my favourite games such as Assassin's Creed Origins, GTA 5, Witcher 3 and others but...it was not how i expected for it to work. The games run on my PC but the problem is that they dont run smoothly instead they are stuttering if you don't know what i mean this is when a game cant keep the same FPS and it drops FPS much faster causing the game to stutter or freeze for half a second or so. I have read a few articles and saw that my system might be bottlenecking but im not sure so i decided to give you my components so you can see if something its not right or what is bottlenecking my system. Maybe my CPU is too weak but idk...

Motherboard: Asus p8h61-mx usb 3

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3,40Ghz ( non k )

RAM: 8GB ( 2x4 ) 1300Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti

CPU COOLER: DeepCool Ice Blade 200m

I played the same games on much cheaper PCs and there are no problems like this. My fps on the games is not low almost never below 70 but the problem is just when the game is lets say on 140 fps it drops down to 70 out of nowhere and this just breaks my heart. I used a site and it told me that my RAM is bottlenecking me and i shoud upgrade it to 10GB of RAM. But again i decided to share it with you if you can help me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will reply!

Assassins creed is not exactly the best optimized game, and can give even some high end systems issues with stable fps. GTA v is very picky on hardware as well. Stutters can range from cpu to hdd "bottlenecks" . With only 8gb of ram may be one reason GTA isn't running well. It can sometimes give my system some issue, and mine is pretty good spec wise. I have no experience with witcher3, but have read it can also be memory hungry game. Your cpu should be fine and the 1050 Is ok as well. I'd look into more ram and very possibly an ssd.

Feb 25, 2019
Assassins creed is not exactly the best optimized game, and can give even some high end systems issues with stable fps. GTA v is very picky on hardware as well. Stutters can range from cpu to hdd "bottlenecks" . With only 8gb of ram may be one reason GTA isn't running well. It can sometimes give my system some issue, and mine is pretty good spec wise. I have no experience with witcher3, but have read it can also be memory hungry game. Your cpu should be fine and the 1050 Is ok as well. I'd look into more ram and very possibly an ssd.

I though it might be from my HDD and i buyed SSD and installed one game on it but its the same thing...so its not from my Storage. Its probably RAM
But since i have only 2 slots now i have to buy 8x2 ddr3 which wont be cheap.

I though it might be from my HDD and i buyed SSD and installed one game on it but its the same thing...so its not from my Storage. Its probably RAM
But since i have only 2 slots now i have to buy 8x2 ddr3 which wont be cheap.
This is why I asked what your HDD/SSD usage is. Running out of RAM will cause the system to cache to the HDD/SSD, if your HDD/SSD is stuck at 100% then it is likely the amount of RAM causing the issue.

Feb 25, 2019
Thats
This is why I asked what your HDD/SSD usage is. Running out of RAM will cause the system to cache to the HDD/SSD, if your HDD/SSD is stuck at 100% then it is likely the amount of RAM causing the issue.
Thats strange, my GTA 5 takes around 6gb of ram, so there is enough but i also think it might be becouse of the speed of my RAM not only the amout what do you think?

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
if you look in task manager do you see any high disk usage?

yeah falling down to 5 is not normal. its hard to say whats the problem it could be graphics card it could be psu it could be ram it could be motherboard. clean install windows might help. check all connections on motherbard . from psu and 12 v connector. check the sata cables to ssd and hdd. check that ram is fully seated. you can also try reseat graphics card. if nothing of that works and reinstall windows something is wrong.

Last edited: