Is my system overheating?

Amk

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2004
Hi All,

I posted a couple of days ago asking whether you thought it worth me upgrading my existing machine at this time. You all seemed to agree that my system was sufficient at the moment.

I ran 3dmark05 after the system had been running for a couple of hours and got a disappointing score of 3628.

I've subsiquently re-run the same test after the system has just loaded up and got the score 5221.

Does this show that my system is becoming overheated?

pat

Expert
So, we are supposed to remember what your systems specs were.. As well as we are supposed to see from where we are the temps your system is running at.

But I'm God.. I see you. And your system.. Yes, it is overheating.. a lot too. Don't ask anymore question and run fast to a computer shop and get the best liquid cooling system available. Don't forget a new case. You'll need at least 12 fans to keep a good airflow.. Stop at Home Hardware too.. Get an air conditionner too. You'll want to cool down the ambiant temperature in your house too.

If that don't work, then try something else. AMD cpu run cool.. hard to get them over 40 degrees, even OCed.. Get a new mobo too. And new ram. You don't want a cheap PSU .. nor an outdated video card. Any system costing less than 2000$ wont suffice.. go for something BIG..

If you don't like my suggestion, then post your specs, your temps... Others will help you ..

Amk

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2004
I think so to!

And from looking at his post's I'd say that this isnt the first time.

I'm making the assumption that he is the stereotypical large bodied computer nerd, just like the one in Jurassic Park!

kool_moo

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
ROFL!! Anyways, he's right, please post your temps and all that other crap. If you ran 3DMark05 when your PC was doing 50 million other processes at the same time and then tried it on startup, then there probably would be a noticeable difference, lol.

pat

Expert
I think so to!

And from looking at his post's I'd say that this isnt the first time.

I'm making the assumption that he is the stereotypical large bodied computer nerd, just like the one in Jurassic Park!

You should stop assuming and get better knowledge.. you are wrong all the way ...

Better luck next time...

endyen

Splendid
A higher benchmark score usually has more to do with settings than with heat. With a score like that, you have a nice gaming system.
BTW if you want to compare Pat with a Jurassic park character, the raptor would be a closer choice.