[SOLVED] Is my upgrade worth

Dec 3, 2021
I need to explain the story.
So my games are laggy with high fps
My pc:ryzen 5 3600,rtx 2060,16 gb ram hyperx,b450m,corsair vs550.
The cpu temps and gpu temps are very good.
I found on internet that psu can infulence input lag and performance overall.I also found that corsair vs550 is not a good psu for gaming.
I decided to switch psu to Seasonic S12III-650, 80+ Bronze, 650W.
You think that this psu could solve my problems and make a better overall performance.I also have days when my games are smooth and days when games are laggy

A psu cannot impact input lag and I’m yet to see any real evidence it can impact performance. People claim a psu can impact performance but I have never seen a single reliable review replicate this. A bad psu can impact stability, the life of your components or at worst fail and kill components.

Unfortunately that Seasonic is not actually a Seasonic, it’s built by another company and is not up to the standards you expect for a Seasonic. It’s probably and upgrade but not a great one.

As for your performance issues and lag, run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results. This might help identify what is underperforming.

Dec 3, 2021
need to explain the story.
So my games are laggy with high fps
My pc:ryzen 5 3600,rtx 2060,16 gb ram hyperx,b450m,corsair vs550.
The cpu temps and gpu temps are very good.
I found on internet that psu can infulence input lag and performance overall.I also found that corsair vs550 is not a good psu for gaming.
I decided to switch psu to Seasonic S12III-650, 80+ Bronze, 650W.
You think that this psu could solve my problems and make a better overall performance.I also have days when my games are smooth and days when games are laggy

A psu cannot impact input lag and I’m yet to see any real evidence it can impact performance. People claim a psu can impact performance but I have never seen a single reliable review replicate this. A bad psu can impact stability, the life of your components or at worst fail and kill components.

Unfortunately that Seasonic is not actually a Seasonic, it’s built by another company and is not up to the standards you expect for a Seasonic. It’s probably and upgrade but not a great one.

As for your performance issues and lag, run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results. This might help identify what is underperforming.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS