[SOLVED] Is my videocard dead?

Nov 4, 2020
So my videocard is Rx 570, one night it suddenly lost its display. So I finally got it to try on my friend's pc, it does not display at all nor detected because his pc defaults to iGPU when it is plugged in. Do note that it receives power.

my friend's pc instantly displays if I plugged in an R5 230
and my pc works too if I plug his old GTX 560

does this conclude my videocard is dead?

Solution
Can this be possibly a PSU issue? Im not really sure because Im using his GTX 560 that requires more power than the RX 570 and psu shows no sign of shutting down
The RX 570 draws around 300 watts while the GTX 560 consumes around 200 watts so they don’t have the same power consumption. The recommended PSU for the RX 570 is 450 watts IF that 450 watt is good, if it were a ok to decent 500 psu there’s a bit headroom at least. Also the VS series are decent and it should’ve been enough as I had an RX 580 with my EVGA BT450 powering it, though I couldn’t do any overclocking since I was cutting it too close, and the recommended psu for an RX 580 is at least 500 watts.

we’re unsure if this is true unless we know the full specs of your pc.
Nov 4, 2020
The power draw for the two AMD cards you've stated above are not the same. What is the make and model of the PSU's you've used to power up the system(your friend's and yours)? Age of the units used?
Can this be possibly a PSU issue? Im not really sure because Im using his GTX 560 that requires more power than the RX 570 and psu shows no sign of shutting down

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
The RX 570 draws around 300 watts while the GTX 560 consumes around 200 watts so they don’t have the same power consumption. The recommended PSU for the RX 570 is 450 watts IF that 450 watt is good, if it were a ok to decent 500 psu there’s a bit headroom at least. Also the VS series are decent and it should’ve been enough as I had an RX 580 with my EVGA BT450 powering it, though I couldn’t do any overclocking since I was cutting it too close, and the recommended psu for an RX 580 is at least 500 watts.

we’re unsure if this is true unless we know the full specs of your pc.

Solution