[SOLVED] Is my Win 10 license 'in' the Recovery partition?

Oct 22, 2019
The laptop I have right now came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Is the necessary license I need when I want to reinstall the OS in the partition? I plan on cloning the partition to a flashdrive and use that in the future. Is that all I need? I want to delete the partition to free up more space in the drive.

Solution
You should be able to invoke a function to write that 'Factory Recovery' partition out to a USB. Then put that USB in a drawer and forget about it.
Then, you no longer need that partition at all.

USAFRet

Titan
Your "license" is part of the info for the motherboard.

Any Win 10 reinstall will reactivate itself.

And instead of cloning that partition, you should be able to invoke whatever function they have to write it out to a USB install.
What does the user manual say about it?

Oct 22, 2019
Your "license" is part of the info for the motherboard.

Any Win 10 reinstall will reactivate itself.

And instead of cloning that partition, you should be able to invoke whatever function they have to write it out to a USB install.
What does the user manual say about it?
I have not looked at the manual yet.

The current situation I have is my HDD is divided into 2 visible partitions; C (System) and F (Files). I plan on installing an SSD and I just want the C drive to get cloned. Should I just clone the Recovery partition to the SSD as well? I have this thread about that but I am still unsure what to do exactly.

On laptops with windows preinstalled, windows license key usually is embedded into BIOS.

You can reinstall only same version of windows (Home or Pro) as preinstalled version.
Wrong one will not activate.

And no - license key does not get stored in recovery partition.