[SOLVED] is my x470 prime pro compatible with the Deepcool RGB 200 EX

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
So guys i never had a rgb led strips and neitheri care about the rgb much Although in the desk i have the rgb in my keyboard and mouse (on low light volume enabled just to help me see in the dark room and because i have the carbide spec 01 case with window i have also the rgb enabled in my motherboard and gpu( my RGB capable parts) enabled so i can have some light too inside my case.
Now in a few days im gonna change gpu and im gonna lose some of the light so im planing to a good use for the first time in my lfie my motherboards Aura RGB Strip Headers the funny thing is until few minutes ago i didnt even know that they are 3 different rgbs connectors (ADRESSED RGB/ 3 PIN RGB /4PIN RGB) ....
i dont completely understand them too well but it seems 3 pin is the worse ----> 4pin =====> ARGB best...
that was said if im not wrong my asus prime x470 can support with the (2 Aura RGB Strip Headers two 4-PIN rgb led strips ( each connector = one 4 pin led strip)
and if im right the Deepcool RGB 200 EX is a 4pin (RGB)led strip from what i see inside the Deepcool RGB 200 EX are 2 rgb 4pin led strips
so i can connect each one on my 2 rgb headers and im good to go?
also i will be able to control them from my AURA software like the motherboard right?.
thanks in advance guys

Last edited:
Solution
So guys i never had a rgb led strips and neitheri care about the rgb much Although in the desk i have the rgb in my keyboard and mouse (on low light volume enabled just to help me see in the dark room and because i have the carbide spec 01 case with window i have also the rgb enabled in my motherboard and gpu( my RGB capable parts) enabled so i can have some light too inside my case.
Now in a few days im gonna change gpu and im gonna lose some of the light so im planing to a good use for the first time in my lfie my motherboards Aura RGB Strip Headers the funny thing is until few minutes ago i didnt even know that they are 3 different rgbs connectors (ADRESSED RGB/ 3 PIN RGB /4PIN RGB) ....
i dont completely understand them...
i dont completely understand them too well but it seems 3 pin is the worse ----> 4pin =====> ARGB best...
that was said if im not wrong my asus prime x470 can support with the (2 Aura RGB Strip Headers two 4-PIN rgb led strips ( each connector = one 4 pin led strip)
and if im right the Deepcool RGB 200 EX is a 4pin (RGB)led strip from what i see inside the Deepcool RGB 200 EX are 2 rgb 4pin led strips
so i can connect each one on my 2 rgb headers and im good to go?
also i will be able to control them from my AURA software like the motherboard right?.
thanks in advance guys
That MB has only RGB controller (4pin, 12v) so you are good to go and yes, use Aura for control.

Reactions: darkking791
Solution