Is My Xbox One X About To Die?

atif93

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to know whether my Xbox One X is about do die?

1. I replaced it's original HDD in 2020, it was about to die and it eventually did before the New Year. I replaced it with an SSD 1TB, direct swap.

2. In the middle of this year, within just a few months of each other I suffered two file system corruption events, where the Xbox displayed a black screen and failed to boot.

3. The Xbox will 4 years old in the New Year.

4. When I play Games such as Sims 4 and Just Cause 3, I can see some glitches and Sims 4 lags when performing basic tasks.

5. I talked to the Game shop and their think it's on the way out. Anyone got some advice please?

Thank you, stay blessed everyone!

D

Deleted member 14196

It might just need the thermal paste replaced on the CPU

atif93

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
It might just need the thermal paste replaced on the CPU

The really weird issue is yesterday I installed Tekken 7, I had 1.1TB free space, I put the disc into the disc drive and it failed to install 3 times, then it finally installed all by itself, I wonder what's happening?

D

Deleted member 14196

optical drive issues maybe, you can't see whats going on, hard to tell. maybe you are having issues with your ssd

you can be having gpu issues as well, perhaps that cooling needs repasting or whatever it needs. have the shop try to get it fixed or use that hot stock app to snag a Series X or S

take it to gamestop and have them test it, trade it in if you can for a Series machine if possible

atif93

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
we used this when the series x came out and got one
[/QUOTE]
The weird issue is the original HDD died last year, and then December last year I replaced it with internal SSD, but two system corruption events and Sims 4 lagging, and Just Cause 3 weird glitches are crazy. Even my Home Screen lags, and it’s weird that I couldn’t install a game three times, then it installed.

atif93

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
optical drive issues maybe, you can't see whats going on, hard to tell. maybe you are having issues with your ssd

you can be having gpu issues as well, perhaps that cooling needs repasting or whatever it needs. have the shop try to get it fixed or use that hot stock app to snag a Series X or S

take it to gamestop and have them test it, trade it in if you can for a Series machine if possible

Upon listening to Microsoft and doing a factory format on Friday, I played Just Cause 3 it froze and crashed me back to the home screen. The really weird issue now is that my Xbox controller which has had no issues, now takes a while to respond whilst driving and turning, and it's becoming difficult to take good turns, is the console on it's way out?