Is Newegg.ca shipping always this slow?

Devotpohats

Reputable
Jun 29, 2015
Hey guys,

In general I buy all my components from Canada Computers, and pick them up at the location in Waterloo. However, my neighbour and I each picked up a Fury X from Newegg last week, with orders placed early on Wednesday, and both marked as 'shipped' late Wednesday evening. We both paid for Express shipping.

After talking to Purolator just now, it seems that if you pay for "Purolator Express", Newegg doesn't actually use the U.S. Purolator Express service. Instead, they've ground-shipped the orders to BC, at which point the packages are shipped via the normal, domestic Purolator Express. This means that the 'overnight service' only begins once the ground-shipping portion is complete, with Purolator tells me typically takes 4-6 business days including customs (in their experience, it sounded like the support rep has had this conversation before). So the total delivery time is 6-8 business days.

After paying $45 for express shipping, I'm dismayed that Purolator is saying the order won't arrive until Thursday at the earliest.

Is this typical for Newegg orders? The express shipping seems like a huge waste of money if every order sits on a truck for a week going from California to BC.

Solution
Hello Devotpohats,
I’m sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the shipping time frame for the Fury X. I’d like to further look into this and see what happened and why the package was shipped using the ground shipping method, instead of the express. Please email your order number to wecare@newegg.com and we’d be glad to further assist.
Newegg Support - Tori

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello Devotpohats,
I’m sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the shipping time frame for the Fury X. I’d like to further look into this and see what happened and why the package was shipped using the ground shipping method, instead of the express. Please email your order number to wecare@newegg.com and we’d be glad to further assist.
Newegg Support - Tori

Solution
Nov 5, 2018

Honestly, until you ditch Fedex and the truly slow, horrible, unprofessional, and rude service they provide, I'll be damned if I buy from Newegg again or recommend Newegg to anyone. A trip of less than 100 miles should not take 7 days...….