Is Newegg.com the best place to buy?

G

Post some comments and episodes you've had shopping online! Are there any places that offer free shipping? Someplace with great customer service?

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
I use <A HREF="http://www.pricewatch.com" target="_new"> Pricewatch</A> just to get the lowest price and i usually shop at cdw or insight. My work alows me to buy on the corp. account so i get a pretty good deal.

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
research web sellers at www.resellerratings.com... be sure to use the view option to see actual comments posted regarding experiences

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.1steweb.net" target="_new">1stEWeb.net</A> actually had great customer service. I'm not sure how the price would compare, but when I needed to change my order for my first built machine, I received a very prompt response. I think they would get 4 out of 5 stars from me.

Kernel32.dll error...aw, son of a.... :eek:

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have bought several components from them, and I'm very satisfied with their prices as well as their services. They also have some that sell with free FEDEX Saver shipping.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
newegg isn't the BEST but they are pretty good. I'd say www.mwave.com is also pretty good, I remember ordering my first computer from them, pentium 120 with 16 megs of ram.....oh those were the beautiful days of 2 meg video cards, isa sound cards, and 2 gig hard drives were "more space then you'll ever need". Not to long ago I threw my old mile long 28.8 isa modem into the pool like a frisbee, then stomped on it with my shoes *grin*

G

I'm kind of partial to GoogleGear.com and AccessMicro.com myself....

G

I can't believe nobody has mentioned TCWO.com If you're looking for cheap shipping, ($6.95, total, for up to 150lbs of stuff) that's the place to go. I bought my mobo and my RAM from Newegg and just about everything else from TWCO. Newegg has better selection and, yes, some parts are free shipping. The one drawback I've run across with the Epox mobo I bought there is that Newegg says it doesn't warrant the product, the manufacturer does. Epox says they only warrant their products if you buy them directly from them. That's their official policies, anyway. I've heard that Newegg doesn't necessarily act that way, though, and will replace parts as needed.

TCWO definitely has good technical service, too. Again, if you're willing to get what they have instead of choosing every exact peice from the whole range of possibilities, you can get a complete system, pay only 7 bucks shipping, competitive prices (they're often the price leader on pricewatch.com for AMD CPUs), and get good support down the road.

-heulenwolf

G

Man, that brings back memories...my first PC was a Gateway 2000 386-25. It had 4 MB of *system* RAM, 512KB video RAM, and a 120MB hard drive. It was extremely impressive to see the whole screen scroll down faster than you could read it when I did a "DIR" command. Hehe :)

G

I'd say that's a pretty significant issue...the last thing I want is to be in between 2 companies trying to pass the buck regarding a warranty.

FatBurger

Illustrious
True, but he didn't say that Newegg tried to pass it off on Epox. It's a single event, and didn't even happen. Might be an error, who knows.

I bought a sound card from Newegg a week ago, and it was great. Best price, pretty quick shipping, good service (replied to an email in under two hours!!).

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

G

Long Live Local Retail

I need someone to punch if the first one doesn't work!

:)

G

I've purchased several things from newegg and have been very pleased. The IBM HD was $50 cheaper than mwave, with reasonable shipping and great service. Newegg also upgraded the shipping to 2nd day FOR FREE! That's good service. btw, I also called them once and the customer service rep. was excellent.

Save the children :smile:

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes, TCWO is the one has cheaper S/H although their price sometimes are not (I've bought some from them). Unfortunately, I live on West coast and it's in Florida (if I remember correctly) and my merchandise would takes as long as 10 days to get to my house.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i sure hope that newegg doesnt do that to me, and i sure hope that they give me what i need because i am going to be giving them like almost $600 for all the stuff i am ordering! lol

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
You guys are still talking about this? :)

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i am still talking about it because i am planning on purchasing a large ammount of items from them, and want to know as much as i can about this company.
it sounds to me like i would not have much of a problem with them, so i think i am going to buy my stuff from them.
but as for buying ram, i think i am going to buy it from www.crucial.com because they have cheaper costs, and free 2nd day shipping!

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

G

Nice thing about Newegg is they dont quote the lowest price and then rip you on the shipping, nor do they force you to buy a crummy heatsink/fan combo for a fantastic over-inflated price in order to by a mobo/cpu combo. They are straight up and honest with no gimmicks and I really appreciate it. They have my business, and as long as they continue with their upfront policies, they will continue to have it.

MiKal

TRENDING THREADS