Question Is Noctua a moribund company?

Leptir

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
I’m asking because I’ve used Noctua coolers and fans in my builds for a very long time, I’ve even learned to love the brown color. But my last build doesn’t have a single Noctua fan in it. I needed six 120mm fans, the NF-A12x25 is legendary, of course, but Phanteks’ T30-120 is a much better fan. It’s been available for 2 years now and Noctua never deigned to responded. I also needed three 140mm fans, the NF-A14 is a good fan, but in my experience Arctic’s P14 is just as good and is much cheaper to boot. Noctua has been promising us a next-gen 140mm fan for years but never delivered. And then the other day I needed a desk fan for some reason. Noctua promised us that too years ago and I would have been more than happy to fork out a large sum of money for it. But they never delivered so I went to my local Target and got a crummy Holmes fan. But it’s really the lack of the next-gen 140mm that irked me, I was really looking forward to using it in my new build. In short, I’m wondering how long a company that doesn’t deliver can keep existing? Yes, I know the line, “it takes along time to design a quality product, blah blah blah”, but I’m not buying it anymore, especially not when other companies have better products available today.

Lutfij

Titan
Noctua are probably trying to come out with a product that seems worthwhile for an end user to invest in, otherwise they'll be flooding the market with a product that's already saturated, meaning they won't get their investments worth returned from the endeavor.

On another note, they're probably already in the know of what the market needs or doesn't need. To be honest, the push for a 30mm thick fan might dwindle down. TFC released a fan that was very thick, if memory recalls, 60mm, which was equivalent to a 25mm fan and a shroud plus some more but they were horribly designed and the watercooling community(forums) rejected it once enough user said that they couldn't handle the rattling.