[SOLVED] Is now a good time to be buying GPU?

Dec 8, 2019
Hey folks, I'm in Croatia, and things seem to be heating up in Europe ( with the virus).
Are there any expert predictions how will this impact prices and availability of GPUs through 2020/2021, considering very likely economic recession?
My specs are 16GB RAM, Ryzen 2600x, EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU, playing on 1440p, still using GTX 970 ( holds up pretty well). I don't really play FPS multiplayer ( so very high framerate isn't important), most demanding games I play fall into open world category.
So the question is..
Would you recommend buying now or wait ( a long while later)? My budget is about the price of RX 5700XT, so I'm not sure It's worth waiting for next lineup if they end up being lot more expensive than current GPUs.
Or should I go with RTX 2060 Super, which seems a good mid range alternative?
Other question is when it comes to Raytracing: is it really "worth it", considering price and performance cost? Or something that most people will be using on really top of the line graphics cards/pc builds?
Sorry for overload of questions, would appreciate any feedback.
Stay safe , folks.

Solution
Never really a good time to buy lol. There is always something around the corner.

That said, conventional wisdom says probably upgrade every other generation, which for you would be this generation. 5700xt is a pretty big upgrade for you, and will handle 1440p well.

HOWEVER, the next gen NVIDIA cards are right around the corner, so it might serve to wait to see what they are offering.

HOWEVER, the virus has thrown everything outta whack, so who knows how this will effect the GPU market.

larsv8

Distinguished
Never really a good time to buy lol. There is always something around the corner.

That said, conventional wisdom says probably upgrade every other generation, which for you would be this generation. 5700xt is a pretty big upgrade for you, and will handle 1440p well.

HOWEVER, the next gen NVIDIA cards are right around the corner, so it might serve to wait to see what they are offering.

HOWEVER, the virus has thrown everything outta whack, so who knows how this will effect the GPU market.

Solution