Is Nvidia Building a Shield Tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
those 16GB of internal memory won't hold many games without allowing for microSD expansion :p

but it would be nice if they did this... a gaming tablet would be much more useful than the shield...

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
I like what asus is doing with the Asus Padfone 2. (phone pocketed into the tablet like a picture frame.) It's just a shame both devices cannot work in harmony where one will charge while one is docked, and the other will increase power or ram.

And when you wish to watch a tv show on train or where ever, dock your 5 inch phone into he tablet and presto, and when you need to run undock it and presto.

Technology needs to improve towards this way (yeah im looking at you sony, just build a ps hand held phone already with full integration and stop separating your experia branded phones. or better be left in past.)

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Shield 2 sounds better than the Mocha tablet to me I'd rather have 4GB ram vs 2GB ram than the extra resolution on a device with a tiny screen that really doesn't need the additional resolution in the first place very badly.

It's pretty crazy the amount of ram on it if that's true 4GB is as much ram as my desktop has atm android defiantly needs some better apps to make use of all the ram on these smartphone and tablets being released now.

those 16GB of internal memory won't hold many games without allowing for microSD expansion :p

but it would be nice if they did this... a gaming tablet would be much more useful than the shield...

The Shield that is available has a microSD slot. I imagine the new version would also include it.

Sep 22, 2013
i have yet to see an nvidia shield in the wild. it's like the fabled 3 legged unicorn.
It's the device made for nobody that nobody wants, so nobody buys. Why would I want to stream my games to a handheld device with a tiny screen that I can only use while I'm at home requiring the use of the PC that has the game on it in the first place?

If I'm going to focus on gaming and I'm at home, why not use my PC? Sure, I could TRY to stream games over the internet at what - the coffee shop? Yeah, because they always have ultrafast 40Mb/s connections that allow for streaming 1080p games, right?

Or maybe I could use it to play Android games - you know the ones made for TOUCH screens? Which I would only own if I ALREADY have an Android phone which also has a bigger screen (Galaxy phones have a larger, better AMOLED display than the Shield).

This is a product with absolutely no target consumer base because the consumer who needs this doesn't exist.

A tablet that does the same thing would be nearly as pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.