is nvidia quadro k5000 also ultra high end when it comes to gaming?

AlphaCobalt

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
i have the fairly high-end quadro k5000, for my work (freelance architect, 3d modeler and 3d animator)

is this card also comparable to high-end gtx cards like gtx titan or gtx 690. 'coz i'm also into hardcore gaming.

this card is so expensive i hope it's worth it and it can perform well on both tasks.

thanks

No, its intentionally crippled so you'd have to buy both, same as technically a 'gaming' card could do the same card as a workstation one but there are restrictions put in place so it cant. It will certainly get by, but it wont be super amazing.

AlphaCobalt

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
oh well. i hate how nvidia is price tagging it just because it's in "professional" category. what are the features of this card that we can't see in other high-end gaming cards to justify its "professional" price?

Azn Cracker

Distinguished

no there are some advantages of having the professional cards. First they are optimized for those productivity programs and they are also much more precise (less errors). If a card makes a mistake and crashes a game its no biggy, but if it crashes during work you might lose everything. They also have some nice features like running quieter and more displays supported etc.

Those workstation cards are not that great for gaming though, toms did a review on them. lemme try and find it

edit: here ya go
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/workstation-graphics-card-gaming,3425-13.html