Question Is NZXT H510 Flow decent case?

Curesto

Reputable
Oct 22, 2020
Hi there. I'm building a PC with Ryzen 5 5600 and Radeon RX 6650 XT.

I really liked the NZXT H510 Flow case. It's pricing is good in my country.

Is this case decent?

Lutfij

Titan
It's pricing is good in my country.
Where is this and how much are you seeing the case listed for?

For NZXT opening up the front panel to allow airflow, was the best thing they could've done for the H series of cases for the past 5 years. Yes it's a good case but if you're finding their competitors cases for cheaper then you look at them not NZXT. If you're swayed due to the aesthetics of the NZXT H510 Flow chassis then there's no better alternative.

The 510 Flow is an improvement to the origianl 510.

I have the older 510h with a 3800x and 2070 Super that I built 3 years ago and it's been rock solid without and temparture related issues at all.

The 510's are fantastic to work in with great cable management.

Is the 510 a bad case? No, when set up properly.

Are there better cases? Yes but the look of the 510's is quite appealing.

Would I buy a 510 Flow after having the 510H? Yes absolutely, and that's what will happen very soon when I replace my 3800x with the 5800x3d. I will build my wife a rig with the 3800x and it will be in the 510 case.
GR8NS4v.jpg

ThraxInDistress

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
Great question. I personally have it right now. It's a great case for it's price and the thermals here are excellent.

Supports 3 Hdd slots, about 2x 2.5 Sata SSDs and overall you can easily fit the largest graphics cards here. The front has a mesh filter and its kept my case clean so far.

Just 1 pet peeve. This case is not the best water cooling supported case. You can practically only fit up to a 240mm Radiator. I know the site says 280, but I have 0 idea where they got that from.

And I know the thermals will be great in this case as we have a similar setup. I have a Ryzen 5 5600X and a 3060ti. I'm using a fully air-cooled setup with a Hyper 212 Turbo. I've put in 4x 120mm NZXT Aer F fans. 2x Front intake. 2x Exhaust. 1 at the rear and 1 on top. The thermals I have here are around 60C - 70C on a heavy gaming session with an ambient temp of around 25C. And well let's be real, the main reason we chose this case was not only for looks but its affordability. Its noise is also quite respectable, though barely audible. It's nothing too loud, but the mesh grill in the front will make itself known. Give or take around 30 - 40 dB from my experience. You'd only really hear it's noise at a silent night, but it is nonetheless there. Dust is also not an issue with this case as the front mesh does a very good job in keeping that out. I've used this for a year, there's barely any dust. You'd have to grab a wet wipe to properly see it.

Another thing is, the cable management. I have to say, it is probably one of the easiest cases I've ever cable managed. I personally have 2 hard drives and 1 SSD in the back. I have no trouble getting the cables to go neatly without much problem closing the back panel. The HDD cage can be adjusted so that you have enough room for your cables. Just one challenge is the 24 Pin cable. I would recommend a sleeve NON-FLAT 24-pin cable, as a flat cable can be more challenging to fit into the plastic cable cage that it has in the back.

Once you get the H510 Flow, I suggest purchasing an additional 120mm fan. Since out of the box it has two. Having an additional 120mm to fill the front grill is very beneficial to thermals. You can also move the exhaust fan to the front, it has a very long PWM cable so it won't be a problem to reach your fan controllers. Though I would not recommend getting the NZXT Aer F, not because it's not good per say, it is quite good. But because it's overpriced. Try the Arctic P12. Much more reasonably priced with about the same performance.

I might edit this post later on to show you all this in photos. Anyways for now, cheers, and I hope you like the H510.

Reactions: GarrettL