[SOLVED] Is one "Bad_Pool_Caller" BSOD anything to worry about?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Or is it just a fluke? I very recently started letting my computer sleep instead of turning it off, and today upon waking it gave me that BSOD crash.
I can find a lot of articles titles "How to FIX Bad Pool Caller" but I am wondering if one time warrants "fixing", sounds like some people get stuck in a loop.
-I recently updated to the 1909 build about a week ago. Never seen this error before, built this computer a year ago.
-The only new driver I have intentionally installed recently is a new Nvidia driver about a month ago.

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Probably not an issue. Did Windows do a chkdsk check after the error? If not, best to do one and then a system file checker. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system if everything checks out okay your good to go.

Thanks! It said "\??\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\\mscormmc.dll" was corrupted and repaired it.

It also had a about 4 of these:
"CSI 00000189 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice"...etc

What does that mean??

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
This does appear to be a an issue, but there is a question on how serious it is. Here's a link where you might find a fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ted-file/ee5dc720-7a31-4518-883c-4f0edb8081e5 Make sure you are fully backed up if you decide to pursue this becasue sometimes these fixes can cause booting issues.

Well I just ran the sfc/scnnow again and this time it said:
"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

So I guess I am in the clear?

Yes, I would say you are good. As I said, the errors that came up sometimes are not a big deal, and it looks like they self resolved or the sfc scan was simply reporting errors it had fixed. Regardless no integrity violations means the Windows file systems are in good order!

Colif

Win 11 Master
One BSOD is no big deal, its only if they keep happening I would be concerned

you could set this up just in case - Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
One BSOD is no big deal, its only if they keep happening I would be concerned

you could set this up just in case - Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Do you mean do this Now as a preemptive messure in case it happens again?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, as it needs to be set up before the BSOD to create the smaller file. Main difference is size, the default dump size can be many gb (one guy I am helping has a 30gb one) whereas minidumps are only a few MB in size