[SOLVED] Is overclocking monitor's hz'z safe?

Dec 6, 2020
Hello i bought a new monitor which supports 75hz but only with display port. I dont have display port on my motherboard so this cable is useless for me and im using hdmi instead. With hdmi cable monitor can only provide me 60hz but i found a program which overclok's the monitor's hz'z and it worked. Now im on 75hz 3 days with no problem but without with the right cable. Is it safe? should i go back with 60hz hdmi? Does someone have the knowledge to answer to this question? Thank you guys

Solution
Its not going to hurt anything, Especially since it already supports 75hz on Display Port. At most you'd run into is issues with the monitor waking up from standby or some full screen issues if the monitor doesn't like 75hz over hdmi.

I wouldn't worry about it if its been working fine for you, its not going to hurt anything.
Its not going to hurt anything, Especially since it already supports 75hz on Display Port. At most you'd run into is issues with the monitor waking up from standby or some full screen issues if the monitor doesn't like 75hz over hdmi.

I wouldn't worry about it if its been working fine for you, its not going to hurt anything.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS