Is partion needed on ssd while installing windows

SharmaDTS

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Guys I just completed my build and I am using 250GB SSD for Windows 8.1 and 1TB HDD.
I just want to make SSD as mentioned for Windows so do I need to create partions in it while installing Windows 8.1?
Also HDD generally has partions so how can I create partions on HDD while installing Windows on SSD
please help

Solution
I just want to make SSD as mentioned for Windows so do I need to create partions in it while installing Windows 8.1? - No. Tjhe Installation process will do that for you.

how can I create partions on HDD while installing Windows on SSD - after you've installed windows on the SSD (and checked that it runs OK) then you can attach the HDD and use Disk management to make partitions on it.
I just want to make SSD as mentioned for Windows so do I need to create partions in it while installing Windows 8.1? - No. Tjhe Installation process will do that for you.

how can I create partions on HDD while installing Windows on SSD - after you've installed windows on the SSD (and checked that it runs OK) then you can attach the HDD and use Disk management to make partitions on it.

Solution

SharmaDTS

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Means only SSD needs to be connected while installing Windows, No HDD?
Also when drives option will come then there is "NEW" button which is used to create partions so do I need to press that and create partitions?