SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
Hello all,

I plan on buying the upcoming Ryzen 3950x 16-cores/32-threads to replace my 9900k. However, the motherboard will be a X570 motherboard with PCI-E 4.0 slots. Is my RTX 2080 Ti compatible with PCI-E 4.0?

For gaming, I doubt it will be faster than a 9900k. It might get close, but prob not faster. Although Ryzen 3xxx has much improved IPC, and one could argue that either way, Intel still hold the lead in clockspeed, and so in gaming specially, will still be faster then the Ryzen.

Until benches come out, it's very hard to say.

Feb 7, 2020
Why not? I think its going to be faster and also consume less power/electricity from the wall.
Well, 3950x is a better cup in the most of cases. However, I would more describe that as “race horse drawing carriage”, which means that 3950x is too good for just gaming.
Meanwhile the heat of 3950x needs you to invest more on cooling which is ideally strong water cooling.
But anyway, 3950x is a killer which can definitely improve your experience, so enjoy your bad ass PC 👍

Feb 7, 2020
Why not? I think its going to be faster and also consume less power/electricity from the wall.
Also,the lead of intel is based on poor usage of multi chips of cpu when you are playing games, but this situation is getting significantly better since of the effort of AMD and game programming. 3950x will only getting bigger leads while the optimization gets better