Question Is plastic jar safe for anti-sag?

LighttKun

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
I built my own pc for the first time and i know that gpu sagging is a common issue. I used a plastic jar, i wiped it off clean and put it below the gpu where it sags to countee the sag. I'm wondering if it might build a static or damaged part/s of my pc. What do you guys think?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Agreed with AllanGH (if I am reading the intention correctly!)
Use the right tool for the right job. There are plenty of affordable utilities to use for this issue, and you never know what problems a plastic jar might cause, until it causes them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LighttKun

LighttKun

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Static is unlikely to be an issue, but too much or too little upward pressure to support the card adequately would be my primary concern.

You don't have much choice when just grabbing a plastic bottle and using it as is. Even a piece of wood--cut to proper length--would be better than improvising with a bottle.

Thanks for replying. I think I'll get the proper tool but for now, while I don't have it yet. Is it okay to use the plastic jar? I used bubble level and it's not too or above 0 degrees. Is it safe?

LighttKun

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Static is unlikely to be an issue, but too much or too little upward pressure to support the card adequately would be my primary concern.

You don't have much choice when just grabbing a plastic bottle and using it as is. Even a piece of wood--cut to proper length--would be better than improvising with a bottle.

Also, my GPU doesn't have a backplate. Is it safe to use the bolster?