Dubkiss

Commendable
Jan 26, 2021
Hello i want ask you if there any possible chance to check how many Watts can my PSU produce
after overclocking my Q6600 to around 2.80Ghz and pluging addional fan to cool it my games started crashing after i restarted my PC
for scene i cant play CS:GO or ETS2 more than 30 seconds, PC works in idle fine

PC SPECS:
Q6600
6GB RAM DDR2 800MHz
GTX 650 Ti
PSU is 450w or 500w

Solution
Check the voltages in the BIOS if you can...but more importantly...download and run HWInfo and check the voltages there. This way....you can apply a load to the PSU and get more valid readings.
You want the three main voltages +12, +5 and + 3.3 within 5% of those values at all times. If they wander out...you need a new PSU.
Check the voltages in the BIOS if you can...but more importantly...download and run HWInfo and check the voltages there. This way....you can apply a load to the PSU and get more valid readings.
You want the three main voltages +12, +5 and + 3.3 within 5% of those values at all times. If they wander out...you need a new PSU.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model PSU? Wattage (450 or 500 noted), age, condition (new, refurbished, used?).

Heavy gaming use - correct?

You can do some testing if you have a multi-meter and know how to use it. Or know someone who does.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Any out of tolerance voltages are a likely sign that the PSU is failing in some manner.

You can also look in Reliability History for errors. Increasing numbers of varying errors are another sign of PSU problems.

They look good.
Is that idle?
If it is...put some load on by running a game or something and see what happens.
If it's going to crash on you....setup HWInfo to log to a file.
this way if it crashes you can look at the file after the crash and it will have the voltages right up to the crash.....and this is where you would see the voltages "bad" if the PSU was the problem.

If your problem started with overclocking, you may have overdone it.
Back off some until you are stable.

A no name psu is always suspect.
What is the make/model of your psu?

It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.

Dubkiss

Commendable
Jan 26, 2021
They look good.
Is that idle?
If it is...put some load on by running a game or something and see what happens.
If it's going to crash on you....setup HWInfo to log to a file.
this way if it crashes you can look at the file after the crash and it will have the voltages right up to the crash.....and this is where you would see the voltages "bad" if the PSU was the problem.
i put some load but idk what i must find and i cant send here a log file

Dubkiss

Commendable
Jan 26, 2021
If your problem started with overclocking, you may have overdone it.
Back off some until you are stable.

A no name psu is always suspect.
What is the make/model of your psu?

It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
PSU looks like a
Fortron PFC FX500-A
currently run at stock settings 2.40Ghz