[SOLVED] is PSU RMA accepted with Scratch in it

May 23, 2020
so my PSU ( THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W ) been making some weird noise and going loud when i play high end games ( which it wasnt in the first months ) and now i have a scratch on it and i want to rma and im having doubts that they wont accept it because of the Scratch is it true ???

While I can't say so for that specific manufacturer. I've never had anything I RMA get rejected because of something as superficial as a scratch. Which I think would legally fall under normal wear and tear. But I'm no lawyer.

At any rate. The only physical damage they are likely to be looking for are dents, bends, &c. Something to indicate it's been hit hard or water damage. Basically stuff which indicates neglect or abuse. Causing the failure.

Reactions: extreme_noob
While I can't say so for that specific manufacturer. I've never had anything I RMA get rejected because of something as superficial as a scratch. Which I think would legally fall under normal wear and tear. But I'm no lawyer.

At any rate. The only physical damage they are likely to be looking for are dents, bends, &c. Something to indicate it's been hit hard or water damage. Basically stuff which indicates neglect or abuse. Causing the failure.

Reactions: extreme_noob
May 23, 2020

it didnt cause the failure because i got the scratch after the failure ( its nothing big just the painting By the way thank you so much bro for your answer ill try to rma and update the post

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tatoline Power Supplies 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS