Question is RAM crashing my PC?

Oct 17, 2019
While gaming my pc just randomly restarts and every error message is associated with RAM problems,but i ran windows memory diagnostic tool it says everything is okay,i checked my SSD too its in a healthy state.But when i try running memtest86 my pc just freezes(booting with USB)

PC specs:

PSU:CORSAIR 450W
GPU: RX 570 (4GB EDITION)
CPU:RYZEN 2600X
RAM: (2X4GB) ADATA'S 2666 MHZ RAM)
MOTHERBOARD:B450M S2H
SSD:KINGSTON 480GB

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system specs and OS.

Are you able to boot the system via Safe Mode?

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Ensure that the RAM modules are fully and firmly seated.

And all other internal components, cables, etc. as well while you are at it.

Oct 17, 2019
Update your post to include full system specs and OS.

Are you able to boot the system via Safe Mode?

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Ensure that the RAM modules are fully and firmly seated.

And all other internal components, cables, etc. as well while you are at it.
Everything should be okay i will check once again in the morning.Not sure if this matters much but when i first installed windows 10 on the PC it would instantly crash after starting windows,then i switched the ram slots and it would crash maybe once a day randomly while gaming only.

Ralston18

Titan
Also take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the crashes.

However, noting that you updated your post, I am wondering about the listed PSU.

How old is the PSU? 450 watts is marginal.

If the PSU has been used for lots of gaming and the crashes occur only while gaming then the PSU may no longer able to keep up with the power demands.

While gaming my pc just randomly restarts and every error message is associated with RAM problems,but i ran windows memory diagnostic tool it says everything is okay,i checked my SSD too its in a healthy state.But when i try running memtest86 my pc just freezes(booting with USB)

PC specs:

PSU:CORSAIR 450W
GPU: RX 570 (4GB EDITION)
CPU:RYZEN 2600X
RAM: (2X4GB) ADATA'S 2666 MHZ RAM)
MOTHERBOARD:B450M S2H
SSD:KINGSTON 480GB
Can you try memtest with each stick alone?

Oct 17, 2019
Also take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the crashes.

However, noting that you updated your post, I am wondering about the listed PSU.

How old is the PSU? 450 watts is marginal.

If the PSU has been used for lots of gaming and the crashes occur only while gaming then the PSU may no longer able to keep up with the power demands.
Its a brand new PC so the PSU is new,in the event viewer ive gotten the Kernel 41 error