Nov 2, 2019
Hi,

I've recently make a PC configuration with:

Msi X470 Gaming Pro
Ryzen 2700X
32GB (2x16) RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz
PNY RTX 2070 SUPER
Corsair 80 Plus 750W

My problem start with a BSOD with the message "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY". It appears maybe after 30min of starts the computer or maybe after 7 hours working with the computer.
So, I make a search and I read the problem is maybe the Ram, maybe the drivers, ... I run a memtest and the Ram is ok, I update all the drivers but the problem continue.
I'm NOT doing OC, the XMP profiles or the mode "Try it" are disable (I gave them an opportunity but the problem remains the same with this modes actives)

I also detect another thing: keyboard lags in a weird way. Sometimes it lags to write a word, sometimes I press a key and it appears 5 times on the screen.

For now, "the solution" is take off one slot of RAM and work with only 16GB, but the keyboard lag problem remains the same.

Anyone has a clue about my problem?
Thanks

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Bugcheck FC is usually driver based, but can certainly be memory (RAM or virtual memory). To see what possible drivers could be at fault, we'd need to download the dump file from the BSOD (https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/ ) so that we can download it.

In the meantime, it may be worth considering the following:
  • How did you update your drivers and what did you update? (hopefully not using a driver updater app/program)
  • You may want to run memtest on each of the RAM modules to check if they are faulty.
  • Is there ever a pattern to the bug checks?

Nov 2, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for the welcome and the answer. I've set the configuration to be able to share the .DMP file next time BSOD appears.

Anyway, I can share the messages WhoCrashed gave me (it's the same everytime):

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\110119-10718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1410)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFC20FFBC36050, 0x8A000008030009E3, 0xFFFFF8014DC67040, 0x3)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating (thermal issue). There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlane01.sys (rtwlane01+0x7DAA8)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFC20FFBC36050, 0x8A000008030009E3, 0xFFFFF8014DC67040, 0x3)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rtwlane01.sys
product: Realtek PCIEWireless LAN PCI-E NIC
company: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation
description: Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 69342 29887
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating (thermal issue). There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtwlane01.sys (Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 69342 29887, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ).
Google query: rtwlane01.sys Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

To answer your questions:

1) First I updated with the official drivers but as the problem continued (and I've read at every page the recommendation to use their app dirver) I finally used Snappy app

2) Yes, I've made a mestest for one single RAM slot.

I'll say there is no pattern for the crash. Sometimes it happens 30 min after starting the PC, sometimes after 9h working with all kind of software (3D modelling, video editing, video player, youtube,...).

In fact, I suspect about the idea is the combination of my 2 RAM slots what cause the problem. At this point I tried to run the machine with just 1 RAM slot (16GB). I made the test with every RAM slot, for 24h and running all the software I have. The result: not a problem.

But, when I put the 2 slots (32GB) the BSOD appears. I've tried with "Try it!" mode activate on the motherboard, XMP profiles or normal profile. But, eventually, the BSOD appears.

I've start to wonder if maybe t will be the power, but 750W should be fine for 2700X, 32GB and one single RTX2070. Now I'm thinking maybe is the voltage of the RAM. The motherboard sets the RAM to 1,20V but I've seen on YouTube people set the memory to 1.30V...

gsavella

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2012
It sound like you might be running RAID. Can you confirm because if so your raid controller is corrupt. Only fix I know of is to disable RAID and reinstall Windows without using RAID.

TRENDING THREADS