eatinpaper

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I managed to get my e6400 to 3.33 ghz and tried raising just about every type of voltages to get a higer oc. The only one that managed to get windows to boot for a good 3 seconds was the mem voltages. I raised it to +.4 and I'm cautious about raising it more. I have corsair 800 mhz ram with 5-5-5-15 timings. Is the ram the problem and should I raise the voltages any more, or is something else the problem?

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Is there ANYTHING that I can do to overclock my comp any more without buying new ram?
NO!
Just use it, ya crazy power-hungry fiend :lol: LoL
Or are you in some kind of contest or something? heheh...
Regards

NotAPimecone

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
Is there ANYTHING that I can do to overclock my comp any more without buying new ram?
WARNING: Smart-ass remark ahead

You could buy an E6600. With its higher multiplier, you wouldn't have to push your FSB (and therefore your RAM) as high to get a high overclock. But I know that's not the kind of answer you wanted, seeing as how that would cost at least as much as new RAM :lol:

3.33GHz is a fine overclock. I can't get much past 3.4GHz at this point, even though my RAM is a bit better (800MHz 4-4-4-12 XMS2, and I can run it well over 900MHz with relaxed timings) because I start needing too much vcore, and it runs hotter than I'd like.

I still plan on trying to go higher, I bought this machine partially so I could use it, and partially to tinker and overclock, so I'll be trying a better PSU (recently found out mine is a POS) and a Tuniq Tower. But for now, 3.4 is where I stay.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I'm going to agree with you here. It sounds like he's not an expert on OCing (I'm not either) so he should just live with his system at 3.33 and not push it.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
You've squeezed 16Mhz out of those modules already. Running +0.5v or even +0.6v might give you a few more Mhz, these voltages are still safe for everyday operation.

Also, run the RAM at the rated voltage.
And dont overclock either! bad bad boy!!