Hi guys,

I'm thinking to buy HP Workstation Z420

CPU : Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz

Ram : 16GB

GPU : MSI RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

What I need to know Is

1- The GPU will be suitable for this Workstation

I'm I gonn face any bottleneck with the compounds of the Workstation

2- the power supply of the Z420 is good enough or I'm going to need to replace it

3- is there enough space for the GPU

I'm gonna use the Workstation mainly for games

Solution
1. It should work so long as you are using UEFI booting as most modern GPUs only support that.

2. Yes but the PSU only has 6 pin PCIe connections which means you will need a new PSU since that GPU requires a 8 pin PCIe connection

3. Nothing I can find to tell me how much length you have so I cannot say for sure yes. I know the machine has quite a bit of room but no idea if its enough.
1. It should work so long as you are using UEFI booting as most modern GPUs only support that.

2. Yes but the PSU only has 6 pin PCIe connections which means you will need a new PSU since that GPU requires a 8 pin PCIe connection

3. Nothing I can find to tell me how much length you have so I cannot say for sure yes. I know the machine has quite a bit of room but no idea if its enough.

Reactions: Hesham Emad
Solution

Hesham Emad

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019

Hi Jiimmy,
Just one more question if you don't mind. Is the PC will be efficient for games?