Question Is rx 580 okay in 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2020
Hello i have XFX GTS XXX RX580 8GB is this gpu be able to do 60 fps on new games
back in march i bought Prebuild for (550 euros) witch is not alot to some pople but avrege payment is 250-300 euros
spec of build
R5 1600AF(160E)
XFX RX 580 8gb GTS XXX (price for this gpu can go high as 350-400 euros)
8GB RAM 2666 MHZ silicon power (76 euros)
asus a320m-k prime mb(60 euros)
ssd (60-65 euros)
and my old hdd 1tb
psu(60 euros)
and case witch i sold and bought better
so i added 4gb 2666 ram cl19 they both run i dc, i changed case to aleksander weiss c903 and i changed cpu cooler
so guys what do you think how long would my pc last

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
If you don't care about graphics, you will be able to play recent games at 60 fps on low-medium presets and some titles will require you to lower the resolution to 900p and even 720p.

But you made a mistake with adding a 4GB stick, try to sell it and get another Silicon Power 8GB 2666Mhz in order to have dual channel, this move will make a huge performance boost.

Reactions: Mr.L
Dec 1, 2020
If you don't care about graphics, you will be able to play recent games at 60 fps on low-medium presets and some titles will require you to lower the resolution to 900p and even 720p.

But you made a mistake with adding a 4GB stick, try to sell it and get another Silicon Power 8GB 2666Mhz in order to have dual channel, this move will make a huge performance boost.
well im trying to do that but i cant find anywhere its out of stock. well i have 1680x1050 monitor

Jul 4, 2020

u kidding me?? (with current titles)

check these videos:
View: https://youtu.be/eAkrWrnkFA4

View: https://youtu.be/CUXMKP8rWs4

View: https://youtu.be/gCkpA3UfJy4

rx580 is best bang for buck 1080p gaming gpu you can find in 2020

if by there will be a RTX 3050Ti (there are many rumors out there), then that is the bets bang for buck! i suggest you to wait and see what will happen! (for gaming, the rtx 3050ti will have DLSS2.0)

Reactions: Mr.L

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
u kidding me?? (with current titles)

check these videos:
View: https://youtu.be/eAkrWrnkFA4

View: https://youtu.be/CUXMKP8rWs4

View: https://youtu.be/gCkpA3UfJy4

rx580 is best bang for buck 1080p gaming gpu you can find in 2020

if by there will be a RTX 3050Ti (there are many rumors out there), then that is the bets bang for buck! i suggest you to wait and see what will happen! (for gaming, the rtx 3050ti will have DLSS2.0)
OP asked how long it will last and that was my answer, you are being delusional if you think that the RX 580 will make you play at 60 fps in the upcoming years, at some point it will start to struggle in AAA titles and you will be forced to reduce the graphics and the resolution

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Rx 580 is a strong card, but a risky card, might die on you. But its strong. Perfect for 1920x1080. But above that you need to lower some settings to lowest.

People are going for thoose cards because on some countries taxes are WAY high to buy new cards.

The 3050ti is gonna be over 300 for sure!

The 580 I agree is a super card. I play 1080P 60 fps on a 60 htz tv with a 570.
I got my son a 1070ti for the PC I built him for xmas. as of right now with the exception of turning up textures.... I can not notice the difference while playing with it.

I am playing modern titles mixed with some older ones, leaving vsync off I am seeing tons more frames reported but no real difference in game play.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hello i have XFX GTS XXX RX580 8GB is this gpu be able to do 60 fps on new games

psu(60 euros)

The RX580 is a good card for 1080p, and given your resolution of 1680x1050, will handle things even more easily than at the 1920x1080 that the card was originally targeted at.

BUT - if you have a low quality power supply, that might be of concern. What is the brand and EXACT model of the PSU? Cheap ones will often let you down, sometimes taking out other components with them.

Rx 580 is a strong card, but a risky card, might die on you.
This is dead wrong. Where do you get that idea?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Wanna search some rx 580 issues before saying thats wrong? Search tons of people having issues. It is a risky card for sure. GTX is safer in every ways.
In other words, do I want to do your research for you? No.

If you're claiming that the RX 580 has a significantly higher of failures that are NOT traced back to some other cause (ie: bad PSUs), then YOU are the one who has to present the evidence to back the claims you made. With reliable sources.

TL;DR: What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
It doesn't matter what PSU or what not. IT has a higher failure rate. "do I want to do your research for you " Don't downwote my comment and randomly say "this is dead wrong" If you don't know whatssup then learn whatssup. Community reported this card had a higher failure rate. And i said that. Don't come here saying that community is dead wrong and downvote peoples comment please. Thank you.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It doesn't matter what PSU or what not. IT has a higher failure rate. "do I want to do your research for you " Don't downwote my comment and randomly say "this is dead wrong" If you don't know whatssup then learn whatssup. Community reported this card had a higher failure rate. And i said that. Don't come here saying that community is dead wrong and downvote peoples comment please. Thank you.
What community? Where? Right now, you're basically saying "everybody knows it" which isn't even acceptable in elementary school.

You can't possibly expect people to simply take your word for it. And, posting false information is not going to stand you in good stead here. I downvoted you for making a false claim. If you can provide significant, valid evidence of that claim, I will apologize and rescind the downvote.

Cite sources.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
No i cannot give you a site on amd says that their card is broken(a significant evidence) but seeing secondhand markets like ebay and so, you will see that there is ALOT of cards(rx cards) are broken because of simple things(getting bad fps on games because of wattman and so on, getting black screen, getting blurry screen) And looking to that market, i can say that the RX 580 cards are not reliable and safer than GTX cards, just like the coil whine issue everyone and me had on GTX 970.

But what we can get as a result when we look at secondhand markets and couple thousands of forums. Me and my friends decided that the RX cards are troublesome. Not all of them. But capable of getting damaged more than the GTX cards(I don't know about the other 6800 and 5700 series. Just 500 series.) But yeah. If we look at the market. We will see how troublesome they are. Some of the people put their cards on an oven and let them sit for 5 mins, (and it works again. Well for couple of days.) As a person that buys secondhand products. I never picked RX series because of the feedbacks everyone provided.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. They are good of course, but not safer than GTX cards.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
In other words, no, you cannot cite sources. You are making stuff up. Sure, some secondhand markets, clearly NOT AT ALL possible talking about used mining cards. A couple of thousand forums, and you cannot cite a SINGLE reliable, authoritative source which shows a higher percentage of RMAs for RX 580s vs other cards.

Do not continue to present false information here. If you have proof, link to it, otherwise, stop giving false information.

Jul 4, 2020
OP asked how long it will last and that was my answer, you are being delusional if you think that the RX 580 will make you play at 60 fps in the upcoming years, at some point it will start to struggle in AAA titles and you will be forced to reduce the graphics and the resolution
hes talking about 2020 and 2021 and not 2024 (for 2024 gaming in 1080p RX 580 wont be enough to play mid-high settings... you will either have to drop all the settings to low on 1080p or lower the res to at least play at medium!! for 2024, it will be a 7y/o graphics card ).. if he buys a rx580 now he would be needing it to upgrade to something like a rtx 2070 or rtx 3060 or rtx 3060ti in future to hold up with the future titles.. but it all depends!

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
hes talking about 2020 and 2021 and not 2024 (for 2024 gaming in 1080p RX 580 wont be enough to play mid-high settings... you will either have to drop all the settings to low on 1080p or lower the res to at least play at medium!! for 2024, it will be a 7y/o graphics card ).. if he buys a rx580 now he would be needing it to upgrade to something like a rtx 2070 or rtx 3060 or rtx 3060ti in future to hold up with the future titles.. but it all depends!
Okay Mister, please tell me when did he say 2020 and 2021? OP literally asked, "how long would my pc last?" He is clearly looking to keep it for at least 3 other years, and what you just said was what I answered from the start, but instead of reading and understanding my comments, you kept downvoting it instead.

In a previous post you provided benchmarks of "recent" titles from 2018 and 2019, I'm talking about now 2020 and the future titles which will be developed for next gen, you can check how WD Legion and Valhalla already perform on RX580.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Some people have no skill of understanding, geez. Mining? So does all cards mine. But which one breaks and goes to the ebay? The RX Cards. Simple as that. We don't buy locks that can be picklocked easily, when we buy them, we look to the comments who bought thoose locks, you can have the courtasy to look up a few forums, i DON'T need to link you thoose forums. IF you don't want to understand and keep talking. Be my guest, it has been reported on the forums THOUSANDS of times, and if you didn't see any of them. That's not my fault my man, simply do some research. And youtube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uynVO4ZXl0&ab_channel=HardwareUnboxed

Just how bad are you not to look any of theese ?!?!?!?! AND still talk crap about people! YOU need to stop ! People had reported theese and people near my city, I'VE SEEN multiple RX cards failed ! AND if you don't have the mind to SIMPLY search them! then GET out of here !

I DON'T need to link you tons of proof JUST to make you understand STUFF and if i don't link it i get called as giving FALSE INFORMATION. JUST search BEFORE DOWNVOTING AND CALLING PEOPLE LIARS! We don't need to send you information JUST because you don't believe I'ts not faulty! What a way of thinking man! My nerves cant stand with people like this! SIMPLY SEARCH BEFORE TALKING MY MAN! Take this as an advise!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
So, you try to prove to me that the RX 580, hardware-wise, is failure-prone, by showing me a video about the RX 5700 XT complaining about driver issues?

No, by the way, a YouTube video does not constitute proof of unusual amounts of RMAs. So, stop giving bad advice, and stop insisting on taking your own personal anecdotes for it, or a video you found on youtube. Evidence, not anecdotal information.

And, when you do try to present evidence (NOT YouTube), please try and make sure which card you were actually complaining about. Oh, right, you've seen "multiple RX cards" fail, now.

Moving the goalposts much?

Provide proof of RMAs that were actually ultimately traced back to the cards themselves, and show how those numbers are higher for the RX 580 than for other cards in general, and you may have something. Otherwise, you're just some guy who claims your word is the truth writ in stone.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Dude, I don't need to proove you anything. YOU got autism ? Or some kind of disability that WON'T let you read up a few STUFF _? IF not THEN GO FOR IT AND READ UP A FEW LINES. I respect people that has thoose disabilities, but don't pretend to be one if you don't have anything wrong,

What a joke dude. This guy can't do his homework and asks me to proove stuff to him. Try the internet, clearly you have the skill for it.
OH WHEN THEY REPORT IT LETS CALL THE PSU AND SOME STUFF WENT FAULTY
YEAH LET'S DO THAT AND WHEN SOMEONE CALLS THOOSE CARDS FAULTY LETS ASK FOR PROOF AND WHEN THEY GIVE IT LETS BLAME OH MINING AND PSUS OH SOME OTHER THINGS
CLEARLY RX CARDS ARE RELIABLE

Like when we have a problem, he comes here and says" ooh that card is rock strong, your psu just died, OH you call that card faulty? Why" (Because i just had a problem on it ?)" oh that's your PSU, show me proof that that card is faulty if not i downvote your comment and I'll call you liar"(BUT I JUST HAD A PROBLEM ON IT ??!)

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I swear I'm gonna post 500+ links and this guy will come and say" all of thoose are not related with ur cards thoose are mined and PSU problems"
What a joke, I'm wasting my time on theese people,

Status
Not open for further replies.