[SOLVED] Is Ryzen 2700X that bad for streaming? Or am I that dumb ?

George_141

Reputable
Oct 24, 2016
So I'm trying to stream. I tried OBS (don't really remember the settings) and an easier softer that I prefer to use Nvidia ShadowPlay.

The thing is...the streamoutput is REALLY bad. FPS drops everywhere, choppy frames and so on.

I tried to stream at 1080p 60fps no chance. 30fps same. 720p 60fps...doesn't work either.

My pc is ryzen 2700x, gtx 1600ti and 32gb ram of 3000mhz. I have ethernet cable to my pc 800mb download/upload.

I tried different settings that I saw on youtube or other formus and it doesn't seems to work at all. I'm trying to stream games that are not demanding. Paladins for example or other small indie games.
I have tried with my monitor at 60 and 75hz no chance.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'll prefer to stream with Nvidia shadowplay over OBS if possible.

Solution
Go to task manager while you run a test encode, sort by CPU usage find the top most nvenc.exe and put it on the highest priority possible.
CPUs are dumb, just having a lot of cores doesn't help things you still have to tell it what you want it to focus on.

Lutfij

Titan
You should be fine with the Ryzen 7 2700x if you're streaming and gaming at the same time.

Might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

include the version for your OS and the BIOS version on your motherboard. As a side note, include the age of your PSU as well as the make and model of the unit. To me it looks like you might have an OS corruption and your drivers might be all over the place. Could you get back to us with OBS settings as well? Speaking of settings, what games(list them without an etc in that sentence) are you trying to play and stream at the same time?

Go to task manager while you run a test encode, sort by CPU usage find the top most nvenc.exe and put it on the highest priority possible.
CPUs are dumb, just having a lot of cores doesn't help things you still have to tell it what you want it to focus on.

Solution