[SOLVED] Is Ryzen 3100 good enough for at least constant 120fps?

Jun 29, 2021
My GPU is gtx 1650 and ram is 16gb 2400mhz . If I play multiplayer games such as apex legends, cod warzone, etc, at lowest settings?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
My suggestion would be to go to (for instance) YouTube and type in R3 3100 and GTX 1650 ___, with the blank being the game name.
For instance, it appears that a similar system gets ~200 FPS in Fortnite with 9 FPS as 1% low.

Try to pay specific attention to videos that are showing (hopefully) all the true settings they change. It is not uncommon for reviewer to take certain allowances to make a product appear to be performing perhaps better than a 'real' average. My guesstimate is to take off around 15% of the perceived performance as a correction to the possible shenanigans.

Not sure about Apex Legends but with Warzone I would expect you won’t average 120fps. Warzone is best on a cpu with at least 6 cores and 12 threads, it’s very cpu heavy.

Also most game settings do not reduce the load on the cpu, only the gpu so you may find that reducing the settings gives similar FPS and just looks worse.

Reactions: showy
Jun 29, 2021
Not sure about Apex Legends but with Warzone I would expect you won’t average 120fps. Warzone is best on a cpu with at least 6 cores and 12 threads, it’s very cpu heavy.

Also most game settings do not reduce the load on the cpu, only the gpu so you may find that reducing the settings gives similar FPS and just looks worse.
for apex legends I get 110fps avg (ryzen 2200g) with 100% cpu usage constantly and 55-80 gpu usage. wouldn't upgrading increase it significantly?

DSzymborski

Titan
for apex legends I get 110fps avg (ryzen 2200g) with 100% cpu usage constantly and 55-80 gpu usage. wouldn't upgrading increase it significantly?

Well, maybe. We don't know what you have, so we can't comment on the difference. And the previous poster's specifically talking about Warzone, not Apex. The GPU's only the minimum in the system requirement for Warzone.

Jun 29, 2021
Well, maybe. We don't know what you have, so we can't comment on the difference. And the previous poster's specifically talking about Warzone, not Apex. The GPU's only the minimum in the system requirement for Warzone.
Yeah, I have no idea what was going on my mind when I used " constant 120 fps" and "warzone" in the same sentence.