[SOLVED] Is Ryzen 5 3600 3rd Gen CPU Compatible w/ ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX Motherboard?

Feb 25, 2021
Is the Ryzen 5 3600 3rd Gen compatible with the ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard? Will I need to update the BIOS?

Solution
So will I need to download BIOS for the motherboard? I did see my CPU I have was compatible with my motherboard. I'm a little confused since there are multiple BIOS downloads and not sure which one to do.
You might have to update BIOS to run with a 3600X. It depends on whether it's "ryzen 3000 ready" or not. It's not likely, but it could be what's called 'new-old' stock that a vendor got hold of and passed on to you. So be careful.

But at any rate, even if it is out-of-box ready to go you should update BIOS to the latest version as updates have fixed many issues and enhances memory compatibility in particular.
So will I need to download BIOS for the motherboard? I did see my CPU I have was compatible with my motherboard. I'm a little confused since there are multiple BIOS downloads and not sure which one to do.
You might have to update BIOS to run with a 3600X. It depends on whether it's "ryzen 3000 ready" or not. It's not likely, but it could be what's called 'new-old' stock that a vendor got hold of and passed on to you. So be careful.

But at any rate, even if it is out-of-box ready to go you should update BIOS to the latest version as updates have fixed many issues and enhances memory compatibility in particular.

Solution
Feb 25, 2021

It does say AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready on my motherboard. You did say I should update the BIOS though. When I go onto the website there are many types of BIOS version updates. I'm not sure which one to do, so so if you could help me find the right one to pick to update my BIOS, that would be awesome! Also do I need to do any flashing for the BIOS? Not really sure what that is. This is my first time building a gaming PC and this is the only confusing part of the whole build (updating the BIOS is the confusing part).

It does say AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready on my motherboard. You did say I should update the BIOS though. When I go onto the website there are many types of BIOS version updates. I'm not sure which one to do, so so if you could help me find the right one to pick to update my BIOS, that would be awesome! Also do I need to do any flashing for the BIOS? Not really sure what that is. This is my first time building a gaming PC and this is the only confusing part of the whole build (updating the BIOS is the confusing part).
I'd go no further than v3.30 on this page.

Follow instructions in your manual for updating BIOS.