Apr 8, 2020
Hi guys, just wanted to ask something. I am going to build a new pc and I decided to go with ryzen 5 3600 and gtx 1660 super oc 6gb. I watched many videos on youtube where people were playing high end games and it performed fantastic, every game on ultra 60+ fps. Now I went to PC Builds to see if i have bottleneck, and it looks like there is 35% bottleneck and they say my GPU is too WEAK for my CPU. Now I am confused, what should I do?

I will post whole build just to see if you guys like it, and if there is anything to change.

AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair H60 liquid cooling 120mm
GTX 1660S OC
16GB DDR4 3200
2TB Seagate barracuda
256GB SSD
Cooler Master MWE Gold 80+ 650W fully modular

Thoughts?

Solution
1. There is no bottleneck, plus for gaming it is ideal to have the GPU as a bottleneck, and unless you can afford a higher-end GPU, the 1660 SUPER is a good match for the Ryzen 3600.

2. You don't need an X570 board, get a cheaper B450 board that supports 3rd gen out of the box, like the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. A Max in the name of a board suggests it will support 3rd gen Ryzen out of the box. Other boards might need a BIOS update for 3rd gen support, for which you need an older Ryzen CPU.

3. The stock cooler is sufficient for Ryzen 3600, and from the savings of board and cooler you can instead go for 3600X as it comes with better stock cooler and slightly higher clock speed, or you could get a faster GPU as well. Both options are good...
Hi guys, just wanted to ask something. I am going to build a new pc and I decided to go with ryzen 5 3600 and gtx 1660 super oc 6gb. I watched many videos on youtube where people were playing high end games and it performed fantastic, every game on ultra 60+ fps. Now I went to PC Builds to see if i have bottleneck, and it looks like there is 35% bottleneck and they say my GPU is too WEAK for my CPU. Now I am confused, what should I do?

I will post whole build just to see if you guys like it, and if there is anything to change.

AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair H60 liquid cooling 120mm
GTX 1660S OC
16GB DDR4 3200
2TB Seagate barracuda
256GB SSD
Cooler Master MWE Gold 80+ 650W fully modular

Thoughts?
If you could throw a little more at it I would go for a gtx 1070 8gb. That's like the bare minimum I would pair with a 3600

1. There is no bottleneck, plus for gaming it is ideal to have the GPU as a bottleneck, and unless you can afford a higher-end GPU, the 1660 SUPER is a good match for the Ryzen 3600.

2. You don't need an X570 board, get a cheaper B450 board that supports 3rd gen out of the box, like the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. A Max in the name of a board suggests it will support 3rd gen Ryzen out of the box. Other boards might need a BIOS update for 3rd gen support, for which you need an older Ryzen CPU.

3. The stock cooler is sufficient for Ryzen 3600, and from the savings of board and cooler you can instead go for 3600X as it comes with better stock cooler and slightly higher clock speed, or you could get a faster GPU as well. Both options are good, but for gaming going with a better GPU is recommended.

Reactions: Turtle Rig
Solution