[SOLVED] Is Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler enough for high end gaming or do I need to upgrade to an AIO?

Feb 25, 2020
Hello, I live in the northern region of India. According to the climatic condition I want to ask that ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler is enough for high-end gaming i.e 1080p, AAA titles, all ultra settings and I want to run the processor cool.
I watched many videos of foreign YouTubers but their climatic conditions are different than that of mine that's why I am bit confused.😊

Solution
Yes, you are correct about the room temperature it is about 30-35'C. The case I will use is MAG FORGE 100M it has two 120mm fans for intake in front and one for exhaust but I am going to add one more 120mm fan for intake so total will be three 120mm fans for intake and one for exhaust.

Airflow would appear adequate in that case. Try it out and monitor temperatures. If they're getting to be pretty warm, then you could always replace the cooler after the fact...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Too many variables to say with 100% certainty.
It's 'enough' cooling, with reasonable airflow based on a typical room temperature of ~22'C (+/-)

India, I'd expect your typical room temperature to be closer to 30'C? Provided you're in a case with good airflow, it's probably 'enough', but likely to be ~10'C warmer than you see in reviews/benchmarks.

If you're in a restricted airflow case, then an aftermarket cooler may be required - not necessarily an AIO.

Feb 25, 2020
Too many variables to say with 100% certainty.
It's 'enough' cooling, with reasonable airflow based on a typical room temperature of ~22'C (+/-)

India, I'd expect your typical room temperature to be closer to 30'C? Provided you're in a case with good airflow, it's probably 'enough', but likely to be ~10'C warmer than you see in reviews/benchmarks.

If you're in a restricted airflow case, then an aftermarket cooler may be required - not necessarily an AIO.
Yes, you are correct about the room temperature it is about 30-35'C. The case I will use is MAG FORGE 100M it has two 120mm fans for intake in front and one for exhaust but I am going to add one more 120mm fan for intake so total will be three 120mm fans for intake and one for exhaust.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Airflow would appear adequate in that case. Try it out and monitor temperatures. If they're getting to be pretty warm, then you could always replace the cooler after the fact...

Solution