Is Ryzen Master a good tool for overclocking?

Jun 26, 2018
Hello,

I'm come to know about Ryzen Master. It seems like overclocking your processor is even easier with the tool.

However, is Ryzen Master safe enough? All the tutorials I've watched all over the internet often utilizes the UEFI/BIOS method. I'd also like to follow the same method, but given that Ryzen Master is a Windows app that lets me do the job without going into UEFI/BIOS, I love this alternate route.

What about the Ryzen Master? Is this a trustworthy tool for overclocking my processor?

Solution
It's AMD's software so one would think it would be safe to overclock with, especially considering the accuracy of the monitoring software over 3rd party choices. You could however double check what you've put into Ryzen Master is reflected in the BIOS.

WildCard999

Titan
It's AMD's software so one would think it would be safe to overclock with, especially considering the accuracy of the monitoring software over 3rd party choices. You could however double check what you've put into Ryzen Master is reflected in the BIOS.

Solution

It's been very trustworthy for me. It's probably the best tool because Cool-N-Quiet still works when the processor is overclocked. That means the processor lowers voltage and drops in frequency during idle and under-worked periods. The only issue is it doesn't auto-start and set the overclock at Windows bootup which is why the BIOS/UEFI overclock method is preferred when it's not an 'extreme' overclock.

That being the way it works it's best utility is as 'on-demand' overclocking of the processor only since changing memory clocks always requires a reboot. That's useful for 'dialing in' a 24/7 overclock at minimum voltage: once it's stable, just replicate multiplier and VCore settings in BIOS and then double-check the voltage in RM once booted. Most boards will require you to go back and tweak the voltage because it rarely agrees.

The other use is when you want to extreme OC and get a rendering or encoding job done quick. Just fire up RM, load the overclock profile and proceed.

There may be another tool that works as well but it's specific to Asus motherboards. It's called ZenStates and enables you to overclock by re-defining frequency ID and voltage ID at select p-states. I say it may be good based on reputation only as I've never used it since I don't have an Asus board. It may very well share the failing of RyzenMaster in that it can't auto-start.